Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by postban View Post
    The 7" 7.62x39 is the hardest kicker of the bunch but it also the most accurate weapon I have ever had in that caliber [AK's/SKS's/DRACO/AR] which shocked me.
    Clover leafs at 50yds suppressed with a 2moa dot and Wolf steel ammo.
    My AR47 I had briefly was very accurate with Wolf ammo, kinda wish I held on to that one!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Can anyone show or tell me the details of their 5.56 AR pistol, with 10.5in barrel, and fully legally carried in a michigan vehicle with cpl. Nothing I see looking at complete pistols or kits tells me what I need to know to make that happen.
    Psa 10.5 phosphate upper. Psa lower with kak blade and buffer tube. Replaced the a2 flash hider with a Brownells mini brake. 25.75 oal including the brake and brace/buffer tube.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Can anyone show or tell me the details of their 5.56 AR pistol, with 10.5in barrel, and fully legally carried in a michigan vehicle with cpl. Nothing I see looking at complete pistols or kits tells me what I need to know to make that happen.
    To Carry in Michigan, the pistol has to be under 26". Generally a 10.5" barrel will come in around 25.5" with a pistol buffer tube. If you add things like a permanently attached flash hider, LAW folding stock... you would need a shorter barrel.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    To Carry in Michigan, the pistol has to be under 26". Generally a 10.5" barrel will come in around 25.5" with a pistol buffer tube. If you add things like a permanently attached flash hider, LAW folding stock... you would need a shorter barrel.
    did we ever find anybody who would bet their freedom on a LAW folder being able to fire one shot while folded, and thus still qualifying as a pistol?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    So as long as the flash hider, brace or blade are removable, I don't have to count it? Can any of our lawyer friends confirm my understanding?
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Here is an update, and a big thank you to all who contributed to this thread guiding me in the right direction.

Here is the picture: ended up with an 8.5in upper and a pistol lower with Shockwave blade II. Flip up sights, Sig Romeo 5, and an angled foregrip and rail covers in gray (to give it an accent). I shot it once with iron sight to test function and it functioned flawlessly. Can't wait to shoot it wit the red dot and zero it in for 50 yards.

Last edited by JimSig; 09-15-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Nice!! Try 1" low at 25 yards for a zero, seem to have a good flight path at that over bore.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Nice!! Try 1" low at 25 yards for a zero, seem to have a good flight path at that over bore.
    yes I ll do that when I sight it with the red dot. Thanks for the tip.

Here is a picture of the pistol:

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

awesome. glad it's working for you!
    there's something very fun about turning a pile of parts into a reliable compact shooter
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Looks great brother! 1" low at 25 might end up zero at 50, idk. I know 50 yard zero works great for my AR-10!! Keeps me + or - 2" out to 225
    Active airport shooter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast