Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

which one is better for an AR pistol?

Going on a budget AR pistol, Any pros or cons between these two budget optics. I I am inclined to the sightmark as it looks more like the EOtech. But what do you think you guru optic guys?

Sig Romeo5

or SightMark with quick latch:

I am a Forum User
    How are you using it? Will it have a brace? Home defense, target shooting, SHTF...? What batteries will it use and is battery life important? Indoors or outdoors, how bright do you need it? Without more information, you might as well ask what vehicle should I buy.

Eye relief is the key factor. Even with a pistol brace, your head will be a lot closer to the sight than with a rifle stock (ATF limits length of pull on pistol braces).

I am a Forum User
    Between those two options the Sig Romeo, hands down. If you get it, use Loc-Tite on the mounting screw, and tighten it up relatively hard. They come loose easily. The optic itself is awesome for the money.

sig romeo has a much better rep if those are the only two choices. You might also look at some lower priced holosun, primary arms, and vortex sights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DRFDU1C8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

https://gun.deals/product/holosun-pa...3a-13599-after

just some stuff I have been looking at putting on a 22 and a 5.56 ak

I would go with the holosun if it's cheaper. They make the romeo for sig and some of the primary arms siights.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Vortex all the way, the lifetime warranty on electronics is unmatched. Electronics are shock sensitive, it is not if but when they fail.

I am a Forum User
    Well I was about to lock in on the SIG Romeo until I saw the Vortex that dirtmcgrit pointed to me.. I like Vortex because of their reputation. ehh, choices choices choices.. I still have time to do my research.. Waiting on the pistol parts to come for the build.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimSig View Post
    Going on a budget AR pistol, Any pros or cons between these two budget optics. I I am inclined to the sightmark as it looks more like the EOtech. But what do you think you guru optic guys?

Sig Romeo5

or SightMark with quick latch:

Don't get the Sightmark they have battery problems. I have the Romeo 5, vortex Sparc 2 and Sightmark you can check all out before you buy. I'd put the sig up against the Vortex, both with lifetime warranty, and the sig can be had for 120 right now at PSA
    Last edited by hendo; 09-06-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Don't get the Sightmark they have battery problems. I have the Romeo 5, vortex Sparc 2 and Sightmark you can check all out before you buy. I'd put the sig up against the Vortex, both with lifetime warranty, and the sig can be had for 120 right now at PSA
    Thanks, it will be a while before buying.. I still have to build the pistol first and sight it with iron sights.. Once I am satisfied with the build i will buy the red dot sights.. looks like it is a tie between the Vortex cross fire and the Sig Romeo5. The SPARC II is almost double the price..

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by hendo View Post
    Only 5 year warranty on sig electronics. Only company with unlimited warranty is Vortex.

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/warranty/

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast