Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA AR15 pistol

PSA AR15 pistol

I have a PSA built 10.5" pistol. I had thought about putting an SB brace on it, but recently put one on a Pap92 & I'm not liking it much. What would I have to do to be able to legally put an adjustable stock on this?
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

PSA AR15 pistol

Two options:

1) remove pistol upper, put on 16”+ upper, and then put a stock on. You can later return to pistol configuration once the stock is removed.

2) ATF Form 1, $200 tax stamp, 6-9 month wait.

As an alternative, have you looked at adjustable braces such as the SBPDW or SBA3?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

I am a Forum User
    The SBA3 is awesome. I was going to go the SBR route until I got to mess around with an SBA3.

The collapsible pistol braces are very, very nice. Albeit significantly more expensive than a traditional collapsible stock.

Looking into the brace as my first option. Creating an SBR & then having to pay the feds $200 is a bummer.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Looking into the brace as my first option. Creating an SBR & then having to pay the feds $200 is a bummer.
    Honestly, I don't think it's worth it. Not on an AR at least. I had an application in and ended up retracting it within a couple months. With how many high quality pistol braces are available now and the fact that the ATF has stated you can shoulder them without issue, I see very little reason to pay the extra $200 (that could be spent on a brace) and wait around until the ATF decides to send your stamp unless you're absolutely dying to stick a VFG on it. Not to mention taking it out of state is a pain and you need to pay to send your lower out to get it engraved.

Kudos to anyone who has one already and I'm sure it'd be cool on something like a PS90 but I think it's a waste of time and money on an AR.

I really don't mind shooting it as it is with a sling. Push it away & it stays pretty stable. If I can get a deal on the SBA3, I'll try that. Can always pass it along if I don't like it.

The pistol with a stock & a forward grip does L@@K cool.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    The SB3 is solid. We had my pistol out a couple of weeks ago and hitting targets out past 200yds, was as easy and comfortable as shooting a carbine with a standard stock.
    PSA has their sb3 deals,with lower parts kit for a fair price. Shipping is way better these days, I wana say I had my order inside of a week .

Ordered the SBA3 from Botach for $110 shipped. 'Bout the best deal I could find.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Ordered the SBA3 from Botach for $110 shipped. 'Bout the best deal I could find.
    Hopefully you get your product. I always get a sorry your in stock product is not in stock email from botach and opticsplanet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast