Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA AR15 pistol

Got the brace yesterday. (Snail Mail !) Didn't realize I now need a castle nut. The set up I had just used the buffer tube to secure the end plate. Will pick one up Fri. at Top Gun & go from there.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Got the brace yesterday. (Snail Mail !) Didn't realize I now need a castle nut. The set up I had just used the buffer tube to secure the end plate. Will pick one up Fri. at Top Gun & go from there.
    I don't think I've ever seen an AR without a castle nut.
    Last edited by somecrazygreek; 09-21-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen an AR without a castle nut.
    I have a few. PWS receiver extensions.

The buffer tube is flared & holds the end plate when tightened down. The castle nut comes into play when the brace or stock has to be "Clocked". This is an AR PISTOL, with just the tube.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

Account Closed Forum User
    How load are those AR-15 pistols? With a short barrel I bet them things are really really loud. What kind of flash hider or compensator are you using on your AR-15 pistols?

Pretty loud. Not as much as the PAP92. Pretty good light show out of both.

Looking for an AFG for the AR. Not OD, it's actually foliage green. Black may be ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 09-21-2018 at 06:20 PM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorman View Post
    How load are those AR-15 pistols? With a short barrel I bet them things are really really loud. What kind of flash hider or compensator are you using on your AR-15 pistols?
    I use a AAC 762-sdn-6 on my 8.5" 300blk build. It is quiet enough.

If the SBA3 was out when I SBR'd my AR-15, I probably would not have done it. The SBA3 is very nice.

So nice I can't believe it's even legal. The SB for the PAP actually allows me to insert my wrist in the brace. The gun is waaaay to heavy for me to shoot it one handed, but I can certainly see where a disabled person COULD with enough training. The SBA3 on the other hand does NOT open up enough to get your wrist through it. The TAIL HOOK either. The SBA3 is really pushing it if you ask me. Hard to guess why the ATF allowed it to happen. Don't get me wrong, I do like it. Just seems contradictory to ATF reality.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    So nice I can't believe it's even legal. The SB for the PAP actually allows me to insert my wrist in the brace. The gun is waaaay to heavy for me to shoot it one handed, but I can certainly see where a disabled person COULD with enough training. The SBA3 on the other hand does NOT open up enough to get your wrist through it. The TAIL HOOK either. The SBA3 is really pushing it if you ask me. Hard to guess why the ATF allowed it to happen. Don't get me wrong, I do like it. Just seems contradictory to ATF reality.
    A stabilizing brace is just that, a way to stabilize shooting a heavy pistol. The fact that it, like the buffer tube itself can be shouldered doesn't change the intent or that fact. So, I don't think it's a matter of "allowed it to happen". It's more of a matter of "no good reason or way to prevent it since everybody is doing it anyway".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast