Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    During the craze, I sold 16 Bricks of 22 LR for 50.00 EACH. I put 800.00 in my pocket that day and never lost a wink of sleep. I did not force anyone to buy them, he asked my price, I told him and he paid me of his own free will. Like it's been said many times, if you don't like the price, don't buy it.
    Damn Bro, you were selling at basement bargain prices! Wasn't 22lr going for $100 for a 550 brick? I remember trying to hunt down some ammo for the airport to get rid of some Yotes, ended up buying some from US lumber of all places for $50 for a 325rd pack!!
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    During the craze, I sold 16 Bricks of 22 LR for 50.00 EACH. I put 800.00 in my pocket that day and never lost a wink of sleep. I did not force anyone to buy them, he asked my price, I told him and he paid me of his own free will. Like it's been said many times, if you don't like the price, don't buy it.
    Capitalism at it's best! Nothing wrong with that.....

I gave away 3 bricks during the same period because someone that couldn't afford to take money away from their already tight budget wanted to take his kids shooting for their birthday. Capitalism in a different form, I pocketed hugs from those kids and I slept very well that night.

During my life I've made money, enough to enjoy the things that I've needed and enough to share those things that I had with others. Seems I can never bank enough hugs and never tire getting them.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    Seems I can never bank enough hugs and never tire getting them.
    I'll come by one day when I'm not dripping wet with sweat…!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    Capitalism at it's best! Nothing wrong with that.....

I gave away 3 bricks during the same period because someone that couldn't afford to take money away from their already tight budget wanted to take his kids shooting for their birthday. Capitalism in a different form, I pocketed hugs from those kids and I slept very well that night.

During my life I've made money, enough to enjoy the things that I've needed and enough to share those things that I had with others. Seems I can never bank enough hugs and never tire getting them.
    Good for you! I believe member Cocowheats offered to sell ammo for pre panic cost at the time too, so there are good guys out there still!!
    Active airport shooter

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Good for you! I believe member Cocowheats offered to sell ammo for pre panic cost at the time too, so there are good guys out there still!!
    I gave a bit of 22lr ammo away on here to folks who were looking to take their kids out and cound't find any at the stores.

Edit: Was in all caps originally.
    Last edited by Outdoorman; 09-10-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    I'll come by one day when I'm not dripping wet with sweat…!

Give me your monkey love...

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  8.0 KB

MGO Member
    I sold during the panic. Sometimes there were want adds with what they were willing to pay...if it was what I was willing to sell for a deal was made.

I also gave .22lr away, sold some as well for a very fair price.

I personally don't understand trying to sell something more than it can be found for new, but that just tells me the market is low. Hold until the market goes up again. It might take 20 years but it will go up again eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorman View Post
    I gave a bit of 22lr ammo away on here to folks who were looking to take their kids out and cound't find any at the stores.
    Yeah, none of them were "gun" people. The conversation always started with "Did you know you can't buy .22 shells?" Uh, yeah.....

I am a Forum User
    We've seen it work the other way even when someone has an item priced fair , there is someone who will lowball it . That's just the way it works .

Jack

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234