Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Savage 110 wolverine 450 bushmaster

So I have been running an AR 450 for the last few years and have loved it. However I grew up hunting with a bolt action 12g slug gun and used that for 14 years with great success. The last year or so I have missed running a bolt gun so I decided to swap the ar platform for a 450 bolt gun(probably the opisit direction most people go). I settled on the savage 110 wolverine and after some range time i couldn't be happier or more impressed. The action on the bolt and the smoothness of the trigger are top notch. I broke the barrel in with no regard to accuracy just take shot clean take a shot cool clean until I had about 50 rounds threw it. Then I started on accuracy. So far I have only been able to shoot out to 100yds at my local range but with consistantly groups under 1" I am sold. The 110 has multie comb and length of pull adjustments to help fit the gun to the shooter so I will be able to make adjustment for my wife and kids when they grow up and start hunting. The muzzle brake really knocks out the recoil but does increase the volume. I fully expect to be able to use this gun with total comfort out to 300 yards (range time at 300 coming soon) and couldn't recommend it more to anyone in the market for a 450. It is more expensive then the ruger packages but the ability to adjust length of pull and comb height along with the great trigger and smooth action more then justifies the cost IMO.

Just wanted to share my experience with my MGO hunting friend.

Good luck hope this helps someone in the market. Happy and safe hunting too all hunter.

I purchased the Wolverine for my boy, its worth the extra $ over the Ruger.
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

Nice, I have complete faith in the 110 action, I really want a stainless version but might pull the trigger on this soon. Sick of waiting.

You got a poly stock, melonite type finish on the metal bits right, thats all they have ?

I am a Forum User
    Correct. I personally would go melonite over stainless. I am not a big fan of the extra glare but the durability of stainless would be a great option. You wont regret it either way

Quote Originally Posted by Born_Hunter View Post
    Correct. I personally would go melonite over stainless. I am not a big fan of the extra glare but the durability of stainless would be a great option. You wont regret it either way
    Is it a stainless barrel or action and the factory melonites it ?

What did you pay for it, or what do you think is a good out the door price these days, everyone seems to only have the ruger 450.

I am a Forum User
    Sorry, my understanding is it's nitride finish from what I can gather. It is a carbon steel heavy barrel per factory. I paid 735 +tax. I see buds online had them for 690. I would say of you get out the door for 775 your getting a good gun.

I am a Forum User
    I'm sure glad that I didn't wait for Savage to come out with the Wolverine as I think it is butt ugly. I traded a Savage for a RAR last fall before firearms season. There are many products available to upgrade the RAR. As a tinkerer I have bought a few of them already.