Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

AR Pistol Questions - Apology if info is posted else where on the forum.

AR Pistol Questions - Apology if info is posted else where on the forum.
    So, My 8.5 " upper with pistol kit (Shock wave II) arrived over the weekend and I ordered a stripped lower that will arrive tomorrow to my ffl. Will start the build tomorrow as soon as I pick up my stripped lower from my FFL.. Here are my questions:

Q1. In order to register the pistol, (I have a CPL), I will fill the RI60 form with myself as seller and purchaser, and submit the Police copy to my local police Dept, right or I should do something else?

Q2. The barrel length is 8.5 " the whole upper came assembled with a nut tightened muzzle break. Now whe I assemble the pistol and measure the OAL, what shall I kmeasure:
    Q2-a: to the tip of the barrel or to the tip of the muzzle break?
    Q2-b: to the end of the buffer tube or to the end of the pistol brace in its farthest position. Knowing theat the shock wave 2 can be set at 3 locations, totally collapsed to the same length of the buffer, and two more setups longer than the buffer tube.

I really appreciate the answers to be addressed to Q1, and Q2-a and Q2-b. so it will be easier for others to benefit from the answers as well.

I am a Forum User
    Q!1..... Correct, unless you are exempt from registering (ex: out of state CPL)
    Q2-a & b....Break can be removed, so measure from end of barrel to end of buffer tube (shortest length able to be fired). Brace can be removed at any time and can still be fired.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the quick reply..
    looks like I have all the info i need to do the measurements and fill the RI60 form once I finish my build. Thanks.

I got an email from another MGO member answering Q2 exactly the same for (a) and (b)

I am a Forum User
    Tagged for question 1 responses.

I am a Forum User
    1. No. You are not the seller or the purchaser. Read the legal definition of each before you commit a felony and falsify documentation.
    2a/b. End of the tube to the end of the barrel.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    1. No. You are not the seller or the purchaser. Read the legal definition of each before you commit a felony and falsify documentation.
    2a/b. End of the tube to the end of the barrel.
    Can you please send a link or elaborate on Q1. Thanks.

I am a Forum User
    It's been well discussed in the LB forum.
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...=1#post3042982

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...=1#post3022862

You aren’t the purchaser or seller. “Purchaser” and “Seller” are defined in the Firearms Act in MCL 28.421.

Both definitions explicitly require a transfer from another person.
    Act:
    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ly4...ame=mcl-28-421

(j) "Purchaser" means a person who receives a pistol from another person by purchase or gift.

(p) "Seller" means a person who sells or gives a pistol to another person.

And confirmation from that same thread:
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...=1#post3023228

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for the links Quads.. I have to do more reading this evening.