Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Four Gun Control Bills Heading to Gov. Brown’s Desk for Signature

Moonbeam to the rescue!

Four Gun Control Bills Heading to Gov. Brown’s Desk for Signature

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    September 2nd. 2018

California lawmakers passed four new gun control bills during the recent legislative session, all four of which are now headed to Gov. Jerry Brown’s (D) desk for a signature. California has universal background checks, firearm registration requirements, gun confiscation orders, and a requirement that would-be gun buys first acquire a gun safety certificate from the state. California also has a 10-day waiting period on gun purchases, a one-handgun-a-month purchase limit, an “assault weapons” ban, and “good cause” requirement for concealed carry permit issuance. Campus carry is prohibited in California and K-12 teachers with concealed carry permits are barred from possessing a gun on their campuses for defense of themselves and/or their students.

Yet California Democrats want more gun control.

On August 31, 2018, Breitbart News reported that lawmakers passed an bill raising the minimum age for long gun purchases from 18 to 21. Supporters of the measure pointed to the May 18, 2018, Santa Fe High School shooting, in Texas, and the December 14, 2012, Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, in Connecticut. They did not mention that in both situations the attackers used guns that belonged to other people, so an increased age requirement would have been impotent to stop them.

Guns.com reports that state lawmakers also voted to expand Gun Violence Restraining Orders, thereby broadening the number of people who can petition a court to have firearms confiscated from a particular gun owner. Another bill would ration long gun purchases to one a month, just like handguns, while a fourth bill bans gun shows from historic Cow Palace.

The legislation against gun shows was sponsored by Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco), who said, “Our country is awash in guns, and schoolchildren are dying. We need fewer guns, and we need to stop the proliferation of guns whose only purpose is to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible.”

Wiener did not point to a single shooting in which the attacker acquired his or her guns at a gun show.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Name:  hnqph3q3ffy01.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  24.7 KB
    I can't say i'm going to feel bad about it when somebody uses box 4.
    california has corrupted the first 3, so ...
    as always, I wouldn't endorse violence. but I might not go out of my way to stop it either.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Won't stop until politicians start to die.

Joe

I am a Forum User
    Moon Beam is out of control. They now release arrestees without bail, just tell them when they need to show up for court.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    Moon Beam is out of control. They now release arrestees without bail, just tell them when they need to show up for court.
    How do they even get people to be cops in that state? Why would a person take a job that pretty much meant nothing?
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    How do they even get people to be cops in that state? Why would a person take a job that pretty much meant nothing?
    Funny you should ask that. Long term friend is a CA sheriff, he's looking at his options to GTFO now.

Option #2 is the only way CA. will change. They keep electing those morons. You get what you wish for.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Option #2 is the only way CA. will change. They keep electing those morons. You get what you wish for.
    The liberals are tiring of the policies they created and are spreading out. Austin Tx, and Phoenix AZ are two of their favorite destinations.

The liberals are tiring of the policies they created and are spreading out. Austin Tx, and Phoenix AZ are two of their favorite destinations.
    Heck, they have been doing that crap to Colorado for the last couple of decades. There are enough of the Kommiefornicators moved to Colorado that they started voting in all kinds of "improvements" and taxes shot up, restrictions put in place....... And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on. Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain
    La de da de de, la de da de da

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    California does a lot of stupid things, but the people are freaked out about this policy don't appear to have actually read it. The people being targeted for release with no bail are people being charged with non-violent misdemeanors. Big deal. These are the kind of people in Michigan that would likely get a PR bond and also be out of jail.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast