Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    Every Magpul Mbus rear sight I have bought and used has had to be set all the way left to be accurate. The ones still on my Colt 6920 are that way as we speak. Ive talked to a good number of folks on here that had to move theirs all the way left as well. If thats gonna be an issue then you're gonna have to get better sights.
    just read that, as I expected.. Thanks for sharing Tyler.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    Every Magpul Mbus rear sight I have bought and used has had to be set all the way left to be accurate. The ones still on my Colt 6920 are that way as we speak. Ive talked to a good number of folks on here that had to move theirs all the way left as well. If thats gonna be an issue then you're gonna have to get better sights.
    Isn't that sort of crappy manufacturing? Isn't it very easily fixable by the manufacturer?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AM1958 View Post
    Isn't that sort of crappy manufacturing? Isn't it very easily fixable by the manufacturer?
    You would think so since its just an injection molded piece. I think what it boils down to though is the plastic gives a little when tightening it down causing it to tweak a bit. Metal stops when its tight, plastic not so much.

I keep em on my main AR because its a scoped rifle with a Burris quick release mount. They are there purely for emergency.

Since it isn’t my rifle, I don’t really want to necessarily invest the time or money to buy an upper vise block and torque wrench to remove/reseat the barrel nut. I’ll let the owner deal with that much but that may be the route that we go down.

I can’t say whether the Magpul sights were actually name brand or some knock off from eBay, I’ve got a set of nice Troy sights on one of mine I can take off and swap out, see what happens.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    Since it isn’t my rifle, I don’t really want to necessarily invest the time or money to buy an upper vise block and torque wrench to remove/reseat the barrel nut. I’ll let the owner deal with that much but that may be the route that we go down.

I can’t say whether the Magpul sights were actually name brand or some knock off from eBay, I’ve got a set of nice Troy sights on one of mine I can take off and swap out, see what happens.
    yes this will be a good test to conduct.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I'll go with Tyler on this one. I've got a couple of MBUS sets, and I have the rears almost all the way to the left. It's common.
    I actually saw somebody using a rifle that had a mbus rear sight and DIDN'T need to crank it left, and I was confused as to how they were hitting the target - perhaps they had a front sight that was offset...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Whats the first thing people do when they buy a Glock ? Yup, get rid of the junk plastic sights....
    Active airport shooter

With the rear sight off or folded down, look down the top of the upper at the FSB. Does it look like it's centered or is canted to one side?

That's where I'd start. It's possible the FSB is not indexed properly.

The couple sets of genuine Magpul MBUS I have, none of the rears are drifted hard in any direction. Ever so slight drifts on both. They hit 200yd 10" gongs just fine. Granted, this is a sample of 2.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 09-19-2018 at 02:59 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Just shoot a little left..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12