Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Michigan Precision Rifle Steel Challenge at MTC

NEW FOR 2019!!! PRS CLUB SERIES COMES TO MICHIGAN!!!

Allow me to introduce myself- I'm Nate, the Match Director for Michigan Precision Rifle Steel Challenge (MPRSC), a newly created PRS Club Series, hosted by Marksmanship Training Center (MTC). I spent 15 years in the Army where I was a mechanic for three years, Infantryman/sniper for 12, before medically retiring in 2015. I've been involved in competitions for two years now, having competed in five or six national matches this year, and a few club matches; my performance hasn't been anything noteworthy; last I checked, I was standing at 12th in the nation for the Tactical Division- that sounds impressive, but Tac doesn't have much participation, so it's not really all that impressive . This year, I've been helping run the Wisconsin Precision Rifle Steel Challenge (WPRSC), both in the back-ground, and ROing at matches.

Early last year I asked Clare Ward (co-owner of MTC) if they were going to run PRS style matches, and he said no; they didn't have anyone who wanted to be a match director. At that time, I lacked the experience to take on the role. Well, with the match director from WPRSC (a Lansing, MI native himself), offer to assist in the stand up of a MI sister series, and the experience I've gained over the later half of last year and this season, I revisited the topic with Clare, and we're both extremely excited to bring this to Michigan!

Onto the good stuff!
    Precision Rifle Series (PRS), Club series matches to be held at Marksmanship Training Center, in Lake City. Tentatively, matches will be the fourth Saturday of the month, April-October, except for May, where it will be the third (Memorial Day weekend just isn't good for most people).

Matches will consist of 7-10 stages, with ranges out to 1050 yards. Round count between 80-110. No pistol stages planned at this time. However, that same Sunday, MTC hosts a practical pistol match. So if you're into both, come up and make a weekend of it!

Key points:
    -Rifle should be capable of taking detachable magazines (recommend two-three mags), or holding 10 rounds internally, with a scope with Mil/MOA/IPHY reticle and adjustable turrets.
    -Must be competent enough with a rifle to ensure shots will not be excessively errant (talking safety here- doesn't mean you have to hit the target; just don't send them 50' over the berm).
    -Nothing larger than .300 win mag, velocity capped at 3200fps
    -Cost for 2019 will be $50 per match, or $40 for MTC members.
    -Matches capped at 45 shooters for the time being.
    -October match will be a season finale, by invitation to season participants only.
    -Juniors and women encouraged to participate (have not set an age cut-off yet for juniors).
    -A typical match day will consist of sign-in starting at 7am, briefing around 7:45 (must attend briefing to shoot), range hot around 8:00 or 8:15.
    -At this time, lunch WILL NOT be provided; this may be revisited at a later date depending on turn-out.
    -Match will likely conclude between 2:00pm and 5:00pm; depending on turn out and number of stages.
    -Being a PRS Club Series, our match will feed into the PRS Regional championship match, which itself will feed into Nationals.
    -There are two rustic cabins at MTC available for rent, limited camping is also available (no hook-ups what so ever)
    -Lodging is also available in Lake City, and there's a nice camp ground about 10 minutes away if you want full-hook up travel trailer location.
    -Target size will average around 2-3moa, but will span from 1moa to 5moa.
    -Stages will be a mix of prone and positional, with various obstacles mixed in.
    -I will be looking for volunteers to RO, and people to assist with Friday afternoon/evening set-up.
    -ROs will not be excluded from shooting, though it would be great to have 3 or so RO's who just want to come help out.
    -Unless something better comes along, all sign-up will be through Practiscore.
    -Payments will NOT be accepted day of the match; they MUST be made in advance. WPRSC has had issues before with sign-ups no-showing, filling a slot someone else could have taken, and because payment used to be accepted the morning of, the no-show is out nothing, while someone who wanted to shoot doesn't get the opportunity. This was solved by pay when registering; I'm bringing that same policy to MPRSC.
    -WPRSC match series will be the second Saturday of the month; so if anyone want's to jump in with both feet and shoot two matches a month, you'll be able to do that, and have a very similar environment and format, but with two uniquely different facilities.

I'm working on a rule book, which will be available on facebook first. WPRSC and MPRSC will be putting together a joint web-page in the future which will also provide another means for information and score tracking. I've handled most of the sponsorship recruitment for WPRSC this year, and many companies want to see actual webpages for the match series, so we're going to try to pool our resources, and make that happen. MTC's website will have match dates on their calendar, and some basic info on their site as well. Generally speaking though, regular season matches will not have prize tables; only the finale.

Anyway, that's about all I have for now. I just want to get the word out there, so people can keep it in mind for next year. This will be a series that allows you to take it to whatever level of serious you want. Safety and sportsmanship will be the prime focus, followed by everyone having a good time.

Please contact MPRSC for questions; either through email, or through facebook. I'll try to handle some on here as well, but I'd like to push as much traffic as possible to FB and email.

Facebook "business" page (will be used for announcements and public interaction for now):
    https://www.facebook.com/MiPRSC

Facebook Group Page (Closed group where discussions will take place):
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/MPRSC/

Email:
    MPRSCinfo@google.com

MTC's web page:
    http://www.marksmanshiptrainingcenter.com/

MTC's Business Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/MarksmanshipTrainingCenter/

Lake City, michigan +44.482147, -85.178525
    We are very excited for this venue addition at MTC!
    - Learn, Train, Master -

LIKE us on FaceBook
    Lake City, Michigan
    44.482147, -85.178525
    Marksmanship Training Center
    A 100% veteran owned and operated business
    Professional Training Services – Competitive Events – Recreational Self Improvement

I am a Forum User
    Sounds good. MI needs more long range shooting comps, thanks!

Banned
    I want to do this...

Need a spotter?