Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

My 12 year old got his first deer today :)

He was using a Mossberg Patriot youth 243. A difficult stationary side shot at 10 yards on the back of the shoulder. Deer ran about 40 feet then crashed. Good times!
    I strapped it to the top of a tiny Chevy Spark clown car. The first hard right turn I took, dumped blood all down the driver side, and my window was open. Not pretty. Things still went ok until I went to the DNR check station to get my son his patch. It was a big doe. They said 5-7 years old. They cut the head off it. It was tied to my car around the head. The deer half fell off car at the I-69/127S exit. I had to stop, and had a cute state police girl help me tie it back on, not using the missing head. Got it home, and my filipino wife who is an expert at skinning goats, took it from there... Good times.

- Joe

MGO Board of Directors

Congrats proud dad.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilt Guy View Post
    Congrats proud dad.
    Thank you Sir. I think the only thing I'd change would be the ammo. The Federal Fusion which is bonded, left a tiny exit hole and no blood trail to speak of. I tracked like 15 foot of tiny blood spatters, then nothing. I just walked a bit further cuz I heard it crash, and there it was. Most ,or even all our shooting, is at less than 40 yards. The average range might be 18 yards or so. I think I'll try plain jane Power Shok ammo next time. No need to use bonded ammo at 10 - 40 yards.

- Joe

You won't have to guess what he is talking about in school today! Congrats!

I am a Forum User
    Congratulations to you both! Some pictures would be good. Need to see pic of him with his dear and headless deer strapped to clown car.

Congratulations to both of you, this was an experience that will never be forgotten.
    You both experienced the best and challenging parts of a hunt and transportation.
    Happy Hunting and keep the young ones involved.

NRA Certified Instructor & Pistol Coach (since 1982)
    Life Member - NRA, DAV, IHMSA, St Pete Police Pistol Club, USPSA/IPSC
    Veteran - Korea DMZ 62~63
    Think Fast - Shoot Fast - Live to see another Day.

MGO Board of Directors

NICE!

Congratulations. Made me smile just thinking about the hunt.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    Congrats, always great to hear hunting success stories. Great to keep young hunters interested!