Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Glock 45 (9mm)

US press release to come Monday 9/24

I really like that they got rid of the half-moon cutout at the front of the grip. Make a G17 like this and I’ll buy one in a heartbeat.

Also being released are the Gen 5 19 and 17 MOS

Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

I am a Forum User
    Glock is adopting nanoscale diamond-like carbon ('nDLC') ion coating and abandoning gaseous ferritic nitrocarburizing ('nitriding') for the slide ('verschluss') and barrel ('lauf'). Presumably, the remaining steel (non spring) parts are still gaseous ferritic nitrocarburized.

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Glock is adopting nanoscale diamond-like carbon ('nDLC') ion coating and abandoning gaseous ferritic nitrocarburizing ('nitriding') for the slide ('verschluss') and barrel ('lauf'). Presumably, the remaining steel (non spring) parts are still gaseous ferritic nitrocarburized.
    nDLC is on all Gen 5 guns so pick one up and look at it
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

I am a Forum User
    Another glock with a stupid model number... hehe... glock 22... well, they don't make one in .22... that's a .40. The glock 40... well that's chambered in 10mm... glock 45? Well that's 9mm.... Not a big deal, but always gives me a chuckle at the gun shop.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartyME View Post
    US press release to come Monday 9/24

I really like that they got rid of the half-moon cutout at the front of the grip. Make a G17 like this and I’ll buy one in a heartbeat.

Also being released are the Gen 5 19 and 17 MOS
    It could use cutouts on the sides of the grip like the Sig P320.

And also released in Germany this week is the G46 in 9mm. It's about the same size as the G19, but does away with the tilting barrel and goes with a rotating barrel lock. It also will allow disassembly with out the need to pull the trigger. No word when or if it will ever hit the US market.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    And also released in Germany this week is the G46 in 9mm. It's about the same size as the G19, but does away with the tilting barrel and goes with a rotating barrel lock. It also will allow disassembly with out the need to pull the trigger. No word when or if it will ever hit the US market.
    so they're copying walther AND beretta now?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    From what I read it was a requirement for a contract they were pursuing.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Austrians went rotary barrel long before the Italians.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Austrians went rotary barrel long before the Italians.
    fair enough. I was just pointing out that GLOCK PERFECTION has been taking up a lot of new designs from the same companies that everybody thumbed their noses at a while ago.
    I've said it before, I don't like glocks, but a 17 would be an ideal SHTF gun because of all the parts floating around... but now them changing generations/styles/mechanisms... that's going out the window.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast