Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

who does custom gun foam in metro area ?

I thougth someone in person or this forum said the foam factory (in macomb county)does custom gun case foam ?

I do not have anythign fancy, just two old but like new aluminum cases one a giant plano case that is big enough for 2-3 handguns and a nunch of mags, and a small winchester rebranded case made by someone else.

The foam in them ins BS foam.

I want to cut my own or have someone cut it, can I do this locally ?

Banned
    The foam factory, 15 mi and Crooks

I am a Forum User
    This place is next to my office, I haven't been in there yet but have heard good things.

http://www.thepelicancaseoutlet.com/...erts-s/174.htm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am a Forum User
    Foam Factory / Foam By Mail
    https://www.thefoamfactory.com/
    https://www.foambymail.com/

17500 23 Mile Rd, Macomb, MI 48044

Their custom cutting services are a bit spendy, but their work is excellent and the selection of foams is quite large.

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Foam Factory / Foam By Mail
    https://www.thefoamfactory.com/
    https://www.foambymail.com/

17500 23 Mile Rd, Macomb, MI 48044

Their custom cutting services are a bit spendy, but their work is excellent and the selection of foams is quite large.
    thanks for the link, I had been there before to get some seat cushion foam, I was not positive they did the gun case foam.

How spendy ?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    thanks for the link, I had been there before to get some seat cushion foam, I was not positive they did the gun case foam.

How spendy ?
    I forget exactly. I've seen their work from other guys I shoot with, and was there buying some other foam for something else and asked about it. For a Pelican or Storm type case, closed cell foam, laser cut, etc. was a couple hundred. 75% of that was the labor in the layout and fitting. I talked to the guy who did it and he recommended, very nice, very helpful, etc. bring your case, guns, etc., everything you want in it, lay it all out with him, leave the case/foam and take your guns and such and they'd do the rest.

I am a Forum User
    I had my foam cut at the Foam Factory in Macomb Township. Took them the case, and everything I wanted to put inside of it, they cut everything out perfectly.

It's been a while, but I think it was $50 plus the foam.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue XJ View Post
    I had my foam cut at the Foam Factory in Macomb Township. Took them the case, and everything I wanted to put inside of it, they cut everything out perfectly.

It's been a while, but I think it was $50 plus the foam.
    for a rifle case ?

Care to approximate the out the door price.

I am going out that way on saturday, if they are open I am going to stop in, I have not been inside in years.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    for a rifle case ?

Care to approximate the out the door price.

I am going out that way on saturday, if they are open I am going to stop in, I have not been inside in years.
    Yeah, it was for a rifle case, rifle w/ scope, 3 mags and a range finder all in their own cutouts. It was like $75 I think, can’t really remember, $50 for them to cut it and the foam was maybe like $20ish. Just take everything there with you, and they will lay it out how you want and cut it while you wait, took me like 30 minutes maybe.

about 10 years ago I bought replacement foam from a foam supply company (I can't remember the name) jst outside of the downton area in Dearborn Michigan Ave/Schaefer, the owner knew exactly what type of foam I needed and cut it to size for each case (not the individual camera cut-outs, I did that myself). I purchased it for a number of cases and was about half the price of mail-order replacements, and the foam they sold me was much more rigid type of foam (not the lightweight spongy type) than original type that wore out, I haven't had a need to replace it again. He said it was the same type of foam he sells to Ford Engineering Dept to pack and ship sensitive instruments.