Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

WW2 rifle and pistols

I came across a rifle in my dad's basement with no real identifying markings other than "bnz45" on top near the base of the barrel. Upon some searching online, I was (to my surprise) able to find the following auction with a fairly decent history of a similar gun.

https://classic.gunauction.com/searc...emnum=14881799

The gun in the auction is in much better shape than the one I have. Mine has split in the stock just in front of the trigger, has some rust and pitting on the barrel, and I don't believe the numbers on the barrel and bolt match. The stock is also much more worn and banged up. Who is the best person to talk to on here (or in metro Detroit) to get more info as to the potential value on the rifle as well as a couple of pistols that were also brought back from the war?

I am a Forum User
    It just depends on what you really have. The rifle your link goes to is pretty rare. If yours is actually a k98, it could be worth 400 bucks in kinda rough mismatched state, to over 2k if it has an unsported kriegsmodell stock and matching parts. You can get a general idea of value without pics on a lot of rifles, but yours just isn’t one of them.