Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Silencer?

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    Yea, my sparrow has FRP when used with a pistol. I did not notice it as much with a 16" rifle though. It is nice and easy to clean. I put the moncore and the two "half pipes" in my ultrasonic cleaner. Only "issue" is that the monocore is turning from black to brown. I think the ultrasonic cleaning is fading the black coating.
    I've dipped black Cerakote-C(high temp), black anodized aluminum, and melonited black stuff....they are all tainted color wise...but they come clean. I'll get the stuff recoated if it gets too bad.

I use 50/50 Simple Green mixed with RO water. I do use the heat setting on my ultrasonic as well and my stuff is fairly hot when it comes out. That could be a factor.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 10-13-2018 at 07:50 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    you can't "prepay" the tax stamp. You gotta pick your silencer, then pay for your silencer, have it shipped to your dealer (which can take a few weeks), then file your paperwork on your silencer with payment included, then wait. then wait some more, then get sick and tired of waiting, then keep waiting, then you get your approval/stamp.
    actually you can. I did it today at William's in Auburn. Did it on a kiosk for Silencer Shop. Paid the $200 tax stamp (+$5 fee to SS) without choosing a silencer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    I've dipped black Cerakote-C(high temp), black anodized aluminum, and melonited black stuff....they are all tainted color wise...but they come clean. I'll get the stuff recoated if it gets too bad.

I use 50/50 Simple Green mixed with RO water. I do use the heat setting on my ultrasonic as well and my stuff is fairly hot when it comes out. That could be a factor.
    I have been using 50/50 vinegar and tap water with the heat setting turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I have been using 50/50 vinegar and tap water with the heat setting turned on.
    I use Slip 2000 Carbon Killer to clean my cans. Even aluminum ones

This just reminded me, I need to order another case of it.
    Last edited by Coctailer; 10-15-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post

Thanks, I will have to look in to that. I do not shoot all that often anymore, so I probably only clean them about once a year anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post

Do you think it works better than SimpleGreen/vinegar/etc., or it's just what you like?

You dilluting? Ultrasonic? Please do tell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocowheats View Post
    Do you think it works better than SimpleGreen/vinegar/etc., or it's just what you like?

You dilluting? Ultrasonic? Please do tell!!
    I dont have an ultrasonic. No dilution.

You just submerge the parts in it and clean them off an hour later. Sometimes you need to take a brush to them.
    You need to agitate the liquid occasionally because the cleaner separates...

some people complain that it doesn't work well because they drop it in the bottle and leave it for a day, but its just sitting at the bottom in the clear part.
    They need to shake it up sometimes.

rinse the parts and coat with EWL30 and reassemble

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345