Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    OK, so now I have a SIG P229 in .40S&W . Fairly good deal on what turned out to be an unused CPO (the red box the seller handed me gave that away).

Anyway, what bullet weight and shape do you .40 shooters use for range ammo?

And thanks again for all the input.
    The P229 in 40SW is awsome. The P229 was specifically designed for 40SW and not the otehr way around like in most handguns in 40 that started their life as a 9mm platform and then got a released version in 40sw. The Sig P229 was drafted with the 40sw specific dimensions, that is why P229 in 9mm are overdesigned.

So first congratulations on your fine choice.

for range practice ammo I prefer the 180 gr. If you are thinking about reloading for 40SW, then the trick is develop a regular load for 180 gr bullet, and if you want something milder use a 165 gr bullet for the same load that you use for 180. You will get a fun soft recoil load that will feel like 9mm and most probably around a 9mm power factor. If you want loading recipes I have some recipes for titegroup, Winchester WSF and Win 231 and Bullseye. Let me know when you are ready to reload for 40SW.

I am a Forum User
    I have (3) .40's. First was a Glock 22 (gen 2 ?)
    2nd was a Sig 226S (X-5 Target)
    3rd was a Nolwin 40 S&W barrel fitted, to my Colt Delta Elite.
    Shot cast bullets in all 3, ( though I bought a Lone Wolf barrel for my Glock after reading about the "ka-booms")

The Sig is the most accurate pistol I've owned.. but it is a Custom Shop pistol.
    The Delta got the 40 S&W barrel 'cause my club doesn't allow shooting 10mm @ the indoor range.
    Not sure if it's outstanding accuracy is from the Nolwin barrel, or because Doug Jones fit the barrel for me.

I prefer to shoot polymer coated bullets, as they leave the bore very clean.
    Since I'm target shooting, I usually use lighter weight bullets,
    I like Falcon 140 gr.pills, tried both lead & coated, both gave excellent accuracy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456