Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    I currently own 6 handguns in .40, if you are going to go that route do some research on the handguns you are interested in before you buy, shoot them if possible.

I have had a few that are not fun to shoot at all.

I carry a shield performance center .40, the ported barrel and slide make a huge difference in “muzzle flip” compared to the regular shield.... my personal experience is the gun will make the difference in if you will like it or not.

I have a buddy that HATES .40 S&W because of the muzzle flip compared to 9mm until he shot a few of mine.... he still doesn’t own one but doesn’t HATE them anymore and said his next EDC will probably be .40

I only have one .40, and I bought it during the magazine capacity ban, so I wanted something with a little more power since I was limited to 10 rounds. If I had to do it over again I would just buy 9mm. However, it is a Glock 22, so now I have a threaded 9 mm conversion barrel for it.

I am a Forum User
    After seeing quite a few reviews on youtube as to which is better between 9mm, 40S&W and .45acp, the 9 seems to always win as far as penetration goes.

I own almost as many .40 as I do 9mm. At first I was buying into the whole 9 vs .40 debate and was staying with mainly 9's. Until the first time I shot a .40, it just felt right. I love anything that goes bang but a .40 just feels "good" when it fires.

I don't really see much point in the .40SW other than as a backup when all the 9mm disappears in an ammo scare. I used to have a couple and ended up getting rid of them. Modern 9mm handles better, performs just as well if not better, and is cheaper to shoot. Almost every publication I've read says there is little advantage in choosing the .40. But, if it's your cup of tea, more power to you. Likewise, I own a .45 because I enjoy shooting it in the 1911 platform, not because I think it has any performance advantage over my 9s.

Something else to think about, you can buy a Glock 20 in 10 mm and shoot .40 out it without changing anything. I have not done this personally, but I have read of folks doing it without issue.

Spice of life get one for fun and S's and giggles. 9mm is the better value usually holds 2-3 more rounds, most guns the same price it close 9 vs 40. Now someone mentioned some of those hk trade ins and just because it fell out of Vogue I see some real deals on sig and hk 40s.

If you only have a couple handguns and are itching for something new, I would get one.

I am a Forum User
    .40 is relatively cheap right now because the FBI and many police departments have moved to 9mm. It will eventually get expensive when the large manufacturing orders aren't occurring anymore.

That's why you see deals on guns chambered in .40 right now.

As far as the round itself, doesn't offer much over 9mm. More recoil, less capacity, and not much difference if any when it hits tissue. Other than revolvers, all my handguns are 9mm or .380 for the small fellas except for my 1911.

if your already steeped in 9 and 45, and want a new caliber to play with,

get the 10mm glock imo. and with a barrel change, shoot 40sw as well.

the 10mm is cheap to plink with now, and with the hot stuff gives you many options.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    +$20 shipping and +$12 to get the extra mag the PSA one comes with. That and I like PSA so I feel good about my buy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast