Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: 900.00 Glock ?

Banned

900.00 Glock ?

There's a guy on Armslist trying to sell a stock Glock 22 with Night Sights for 900.00. I contacted him and asked him why, he said he paid 750.00 for it at The Firing Line and 240.00 for the sights. I told him wow, they really ripped you off. No place on Earth sells a Glock 22 for 750.00. LOL . Poor Sap.

I am a Forum User
    terrible, he better keep it for life
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    There's a guy on Armslist trying to sell a stock Glock 22 with Night Sights for 900.00. I contacted him and asked him why, he said he paid 750.00 for it at The Firing Line and 240.00 for the sights. I told him wow, they really ripped you off. No place on Earth sells a Glock 22 for 750.00. LOL . Poor Sap.
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What night sights cost 240 ?

Quick search bass pro has em for 579.99

buds has it for 506.99

Sounds like he bought 130 sights at double price.

This whole deal should be 500 bucks or less.

Banned
    It's so easy and quick to do a bit of research today, it's hard to believe that folk's get ripped off like this, but I guess it's their own fault if they don't check.

I am a Forum User
    I'm amazed that anyone buys a firearm at retail cost from a brick and mortar store. Between cheap transfers (if you look for them) and screaming deals online along with the used market and forums like this, there's no reason to pay (in some cases) an extra $100 just because... i have gotten a bunch of good deals over the years from guys that had to sell their guns for various reasons. In some cases, I've shared those good fortunes with others too. But to get bent over that badly by a brick and mortar gun shop tells me that guy doesn't do any research and will never sell that pistol.

Just like the guys that undercut the trigger guard with a dremmel and stipple the grip with a soldering iron, or build a PSA kit on an Anderson lower. No..that doesn't make it custom..that makes it hack. Listing what YOU paid for each part does not equate to the gun's value. The market decides what the gun is worth.

I am a Forum User
    It's so easy and quick to do a bit of research today, it's hard to believe that folk's get ripped off like this, but I guess it's their own fault if they don't check.
    AMEN brother!

I am a Forum User
    seems ALOT of folks just buy the gun, and then figure anything they do to it/have done to it, magically adds value.

Favorite phrases... " just trying to get back what I have into it" and "like new"

A used ANYTHING... is a USED anything.

HINT: almost NEVER will you get back what you have into it. and.. If you bought it.. it becomes USED.

I thought you were joking so I checked Armslist.

Holy crap.

Some people are crazy.

I've been to Firing Line 100 times and I can GUARANTEE they didn't sell him the gun for $750 and the sights for $240.

Their prices are pretty standard for Glocks ($520-$579 depending on gen) and their night sights/optic prices are pretty on par with online prices which is rare. Amazon sells Truglo TFX Pro for $109, Firing line had them for $122 w/free installation.

I've seen so many people go "Wow that's a good price, I'll take it!" at gun stores and gun shows without taking out their phone and price checking online. That's why gun show vendors still list guns for $200-300 over MSRP, because they know they'll still sell them eventually. It's sad.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    I've seen so many people go "Wow that's a good price, I'll take it!" at gun stores and gun shows without taking out their phone and price checking online. That's why gun show vendors still list guns for $200-300 over MSRP, because they know they'll still sell them eventually. It's sad.
    I was at double action the other day looking at the cheap walther, the CREED. They had it marked for ~$350. You can usually find it online for a bit under $300, but then you still have to pay shipping and transfer fees, so it starts looking pretty even.
    Then there's the fact that a lot of store/ranges will throw in a couple months of free shooting if you buy a gun there, and it can actually come out in favor of buying at a shop.
    Same as anything else, if you're a smart shopper and you factor in a everything, you can save yourself money. I've overpaid by buying from the internet in the past, and I've overpaid by buying from a store in the past. Just depends on the situation.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.