Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
I had the same thing happen to a factory built 10mm 1911. Early slide locks, not related to bullet/ slide lock interference within the mag well. The slide smacking the rear of its travel would bounce the catch up and lock it back. I sent it back to the manufacturer and they resprung the entire gun with heavy duty wolf springs (recoil, main, safety/ slide lock, firing pin, and leaf). They also went the extra mile and polished the feed ramp, chamber, inside of the slide lock, and lapped the slide/ frame. And they had it back to me in a week. I was dumbfounded they did all this, considering it was a $700 RIA.

But the heavy duty springs are what really fixed the problem for me. Full house 10 was battering the frame and bouncing the slide lock up. The gun still functions great on soft ball Armscor all the way up to Underwood.
Interesting...
I did end up sending the gun back to Kimber, and that's when I found their lifetime warranty was only 1yr on the shipping! I talked them into a shipping label though.. I just explained that their slide stop fix didn't work, and they can try to fix it now. I was getting copper wash on the engagement nub, so I'm sure bullet contact was part of my issue, but inertia may have added some to it.