Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I had the same thing happen to a factory built 10mm 1911. Early slide locks, not related to bullet/ slide lock interference within the mag well. The slide smacking the rear of its travel would bounce the catch up and lock it back. I sent it back to the manufacturer and they resprung the entire gun with heavy duty wolf springs (recoil, main, safety/ slide lock, firing pin, and leaf). They also went the extra mile and polished the feed ramp, chamber, inside of the slide lock, and lapped the slide/ frame. And they had it back to me in a week. I was dumbfounded they did all this, considering it was a $700 RIA.

But the heavy duty springs are what really fixed the problem for me. Full house 10 was battering the frame and bouncing the slide lock up. The gun still functions great on soft ball Armscor all the way up to Underwood.
    Interesting...
    I did end up sending the gun back to Kimber, and that's when I found their lifetime warranty was only 1yr on the shipping! I talked them into a shipping label though.. I just explained that their slide stop fix didn't work, and they can try to fix it now. I was getting copper wash on the engagement nub, so I'm sure bullet contact was part of my issue, but inertia may have added some to it.
    Active airport shooter

I finally got my shipment of standard pressure HST a couple days ago, and just got done with throwing it all down range.

All fired through all three pistols without any malfunctions. Significantly less recoil than the +P, but still more pop than the Golden Sabers, which made the XDS much more manageable. The copper jackets were all dirty though, which surprised me for a premium ammunition. The +P looked like they were all polished. This batch looks like the cases were kept immaculate, but the bullets were rolled around on the floor of an auto shop.

I’m still seeing some primer drag on the XDS and Commander (was never evident with FMJ or Golden Sabers), but there is nowhere near the primer flow like there was with the +P.

Commander brass

XDS brass

After another 150 rounds through each of the three, I’d say they’re all good to go with the factory spring sets. I also put another couple hundred FMJ through the FNX to see if I could recreate any of the issues I had with it before. 100% flawless operation. So I guess I’m going to load ‘em up and put them all back into carry rotation with HST.

I am a Forum User
    Like some of the other folks said great real world right up! I've spent a little time putting + P ammo through some of my favorite platforms and the shot splits on a timer are noticeably slower due to the heavier recoil. For me, having to learn that stout recoil recovery over standard pressure ammunition made it much more difficult to make follow-up shots using the sights. I agree that + P ammo is probably something it's not generally necessary. I think if you can hit where you're aiming with standard pressure ammunition one-hit is better than two misses! My 2 cents.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I finally got my shipment of standard pressure HST a couple days ago, and just got done with throwing it all down range.

All fired through all three pistols without any malfunctions. Significantly less recoil than the +P, but still more pop than the Golden Sabers, which made the XDS much more manageable. The copper jackets were all dirty though, which surprised me for a premium ammunition. The +P looked like they were all polished. This batch looks like the cases were kept immaculate, but the bullets were rolled around on the floor of an auto shop.

I’m still seeing some primer drag on the XDS and Commander (was never evident with FMJ or Golden Sabers), but there is nowhere near the primer flow like there was with the +P.

Commander brass

XDS brass

After another 150 rounds through each of the three, I’d say they’re all good to go with the factory spring sets. I also put another couple hundred FMJ through the FNX to see if I could recreate any of the issues I had with it before. 100% flawless operation. So I guess I’m going to load ‘em up and put them all back into carry rotation with HST.
    Thanks for a great write up, I was looking at ordering a bunch of the +P and stumbled across this and changed my mind. Sticking with the regular HST. Thanks for taking the time to share findings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12