There are a lot of "Lube" products, and they can fulfill different uses. Mobile 1 is a great lube, for keeping stuff free. It's a lube. Remoil is an ok lube, but great for rust resistance during long term storage. I'm basing this on some guy on YouTube that tested a bunch of oils/lubes on bare metal plates outdoors over time. My personal experience started with my father teaching me to clean and lube firearms 50 years ago using 3-in-one oil. Old S&W pistols, Savage 99's, 30-40 Krags, nothing he owned ever developed rust. We just wiped them down once or twice a year with 3-in-one oil. Unless you are running thousands of rounds through an AR or such, I don't think it makes a lot of difference. Just oil the weapon and wipe it down. It will function, and not rust. There is always a balance. If you really want lube, Mobile 1. If you really want rust resistance, dip the firearm in Cosmoline. Personally, I just find a happy middle ground that works. It's way more important to just use something! Not what you use.

- JoeLansing