Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Got denied when I went to buy a pistol, I have no convictions on my record.

So, when I was younger I did have a felony drug charge, I received hyta for this which means a conviction was never entered. A few years later I successfully bought a rifle, passed the back ground check and everything. A year later I then received a misdemeanor drug charge which I also received hyta for, so no record. That happened last year. Today I went to buy my first pistol and was denied. Could it be because I have 2 drug ARRESTS (not convictions) within five years, one being within the last year? If that is the case, will I be able to buy a pistol next year?

Quote Originally Posted by QxG View Post
    So, when I was younger I did have a felony drug charge, I received hyta for this which means a conviction was never entered. A few years later I successfully bought a rifle, passed the back ground check and everything. A year later I then received a misdemeanor drug charge which I also received hyta for, so no record. That happened last year. Today I went to buy my first pistol and was denied. Could it be because I have 2 drug ARRESTS (not convictions) within five years, one being within the last year? If that is the case, will I be able to buy a pistol next year?
    I hope not.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

I am a Forum User
    denied, or not approved?

Hire Jim Makowski

I am a Forum User
    Right, I'm not really looking for judgement here, just advice if anyone knows the facts about this. If you've ever drank alcohol, refrain from judging me.

I am a Forum User
    You're not really thinking, you are simply attacking those that aren't giving you the answer you want.

You make some silly statement about "anyone who has ever drunk alcohol" yet you don't mention alcohol in your "problems"...

I've drunk alcohol... Quite a lot... I tried weed many years ago and decided beer was best. My nephew makes about $500,000/yr growing and selling weed in Californicate yet has a Californicate CPL, (or whatever they call it)...

You've come to the wrong place for sympathy and, almost certainly, the wrong place for the outcome you so desire.

You have a second HYTA in the last year? Was/is your probation over yet?

Are you 21 yet? That will prevent a pistol purchase on a NICS check.

And just in case you didn't know, alcohol is legal as long as you are not participating in certain other legal activities at the same time.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AM1958 View Post
    You're not really thinking, you are simply attacking those that aren't giving you the answer you want.

You make some silly statement about "anyone who has ever drunk alcohol" yet you don't mention alcohol in your "problems"...

I've drunk alcohol... Quite a lot... I tried weed many years ago and decided beer was best. My nephew makes about $500,000/yr growing and selling weed in Californicate yet has a Californicate CPL, (or whatever they call it)...

You've come to the wrong place for sympathy and, almost certainly, the wrong place for the outcome you so desire.
    What are you even talking about? The alcohol comment was referring to those who use a mind altering substance, judging someone who used a mind altering substance. It makes no sense. Also, I'm not here looking for sympathy, I never asked for that, nor could you infer that I was looking for "the outcome I desire" because nobody had yet even given their opinion on the legal side of this matter.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    You have a second HYTA in the last year? Was/is your probation over yet?

Are you 21 yet? That will prevent a pistol purchase on a NICS check.

And just in case you didn't know, alcohol is legal as long as you are not participating in certain other legal activities at the same time.
    Yes I am 21, I am on probation currently, the misdemeanor is a 90 day ordinance violation misdemeanor and hyta takes effect during probation from what I remember, yes I was granted hyta for a second time.

The only reason I made the alcohol comment was that I feel it is unfair to judge my morals for using a mind altering substance if you are also a person who uses a mind altering substance.

Yes I am 21, I am on probation currently, the misdemeanor is a 90 day ordinance violation misdemeanor and hyta takes effect during probation from what I remember, yes I was granted hyta for a second time.
    The charges remain in place until your probation has ENDED and was successfully completed. The records are not sealed and closed off to access until that time. That is probably the best answer to you questions at this point.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    The charges remain in place until your probation has ENDED and was successfully completed. The records are not sealed and closed off to access until that time. That is probably the best answer to you questions at this point.
    Thank you. I do hope that is the case, however I've passed background checks for the jobs I'm currently working at right now and I got the records showing they came up clean too.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast