Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Do not lie on the form. Lying on the form is a felony. Lying on the form and getting prosecuted for it (while this is rare, it does happen) means you lose a LOT of rights, probably for the rest of your life.
    Wait it out, get your stuff settled, if you're still not able to buy what you want, get a lawyer with experience in this particular field. As others have mentioned, our in-house lawyer Jim Makowski will either be the guy you want, or be able to refer you to somebody who will do what you want.
    I'm drinking beer right now, so I'm certainly not one to judge. In fact, I've had "one drink" that has cost me probably nearly $1,000 after legal fees, court fees, time, lost productivity, etc. Jim Makowski was my go-to guy, and kept me from losing my CPL for 3 years.

While not judging, let me offer some advice... Either stop getting caught, or learn EXACTLY what the laws say and follow them without breaking them. If you're getting caught with weed, get yourself a medical marijuana license, learn the rules on storage/transportation/use/possession, etc. Also, keep in mind that using drugs "legally" in MI does not mean you're allowed to buy guns legally from a licensed dealer. Federal courts have made it clear that seeing your medical card is reason for an FFL to deny your purchase, even if you're not a user...
    Welcome to the world of gun ownership and all the legal nightmares of pushing your freedom to the limits. Keep a few lawyers on speed dial and become skilled at reading/understanding/exploiting laws. Keep cash on hand in case you need somebody to bail you out.
    Thanks! I appreciate the advice. I wasn't asking about lying on the report haha I was just saying that I don't know if the crime is only lying on the report or also applying for a gun while knowing you will be denied

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Just say no to drugs.
    Okay

Quote Originally Posted by QxG View Post
    Right, I'm not really looking for judgement here, just advice if anyone knows the facts about this. If you've ever drank alcohol, refrain from judging me.
    You will have to explain that one to get me back on your side.

I was with you that you had no convictions.

Then you lost me.

Drinking alcohol is legal.

I am willing to bet no one busted you for tylenol 7, or taking too many puffs of an asthma inhaler.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 10-06-2018 at 09:35 PM.

What are you even talking about? The alcohol comment was referring to those who use a mind altering substance, judging someone who used a mind altering substance. It makes no sense. Also, I'm not here looking for sympathy, I never asked for that, nor could you infer that I was looking for "the outcome I desire" because nobody had yet even given their opinion on the legal side of this matter.
    What are you talking about.

You are in trouble for it being illegal, not mind altering.

Try to keep up.

When you are in middle school you know whats legal and not legal.

You knew what was right and not right.

Its not the same.

The same way an expired parking meter is not hit and run, and wreckless driving.

Murder 1 is not involuntary manslaughter.

I see you have many more legal problems if you continue to choose the easy, fun, bad route, and try to rationalize it after the fact.

You are going to have a very rough time in your 20s.

Fair enough, I'm just here asking for advice pertaining to my situation and some people here are telling me I shouldn't be able to own a gun because...they don't think I should. I'm not asking how people feel and I'm not asking to be judged for some bad, yet victimless decisions I've made. I've learned from my mistakes and no longer partake in those things anymore, but that is completely irrelevant, again, I didn't come to this forum to defend my character, I was just hoping to get some opinions or answers based on facts rather than feelings.
    Illegal drugs are never victimless unless you synthasize them youself in your baasement and take them and cost no one healthcare dollars, do not drive, do not get into any violence, burn your house down etc.

HUNDREDS of thousands of people have from drug trafficing violence. Cops get killed, judges kids get killed, border patrol are shot at. In almost every country in the world. Just detroit something like 90-95% of the violence is drug related. 400 per year killed is common, many thousands shot. Over 40 years, you do the math, just in detroit.

This is more of the rationalizing.

You do not think you did anything wrong.

You think the laws you broke were unjust, and even though you knew them, they did not apply to you. You are special for some weird reason.

I would suggest not getting a gun, and revisiting the idea in about 5 years.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Illegal drugs are never victimless unless you synthasize them youself in your baasement and take them and cost no one healthcare dollars, do not drive, do not get into any violence, burn your house down etc.

HUNDREDS of thousands of people have from drug trafficing violence. Cops get killed, judges kids get killed, border patrol are shot at. In almost every country in the world. Just detroit something like 90-95% of the violence is drug related. 400 per year killed is common, many thousands shot. Over 40 years, you do the math, just in detroit.

This is more of the rationalizing.

You do not think you did anything wrong.

You think the laws you broke were unjust, and even though you knew them, they did not apply to you. You are special for some weird reason.

I would suggest not getting a gun, and revisiting the idea in about 5 years.
    A lot of the modern marijuana industry is pretty victimless. Decent people growing it in controlled conditions, paying license fees and taxes in addition to creating jobs and paying very high water electrical gas etc bills, selling it to a retailer, retailer sells it to people with licenses to possess/use. Then people share it with friends. Friends have it illegally and get busted. Then again, people with licenses are allowed to grow their own... so it may be exactly what you mentioned, then people sharing with friends. I can tell you for a fact that it's not uncommon. entirely possible that he really did do a victimless crime, or did things that may result in less crime, considering he may not have had to go buy from a drug dealer responsible for all the bad things you mentioned.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Banned
    You know the first guy has like lots of history to back his claim it isn't victimless, yes? Just to kind of bring you back, to reality, he did buy illegally from a drug dealer. That's why he got in trouble.

Also, to the Op, you are an irresponsible person with flawed thinking. You can change and should change. It's for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    A lot of the modern marijuana industry is pretty victimless. Decent people growing it in controlled conditions, paying license fees and taxes in addition to creating jobs and paying very high water electrical gas etc bills, selling it to a retailer, retailer sells it to people with licenses to possess/use. Then people share it with friends. Friends have it illegally and get busted. Then again, people with licenses are allowed to grow their own... so it may be exactly what you mentioned, then people sharing with friends. I can tell you for a fact that it's not uncommon. entirely possible that he really did do a victimless crime, or did things that may result in less crime, considering he may not have had to go buy from a drug dealer responsible for all the bad things you mentioned.
    True. If you are specific to weed and recent.

They do have gangs buying it in legal states and taking to non legal states.

Its as much a crime as not paying taxes, or having the right licenses and I do not know anyone who does not pay taxes, or does not have the right hunting license, business license, etc and shrugs and says its victimless and people feel sorry for them or support them.

I support legalization of weed, but its become a folk hero. Its not magic, it does not cure cancer, its not all people make it out to be.

And just like anything else from parking in the wrong spot and getting towed at a college campus, and not going to your car for a week, now you owe $400 bucks or more, or not paying a ticket and it goes to warrant, or not doing the right stuff with permits etc etc etc a million regulations and rules out there you have to follow or it can cost you tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars. Little petty stuff turns into thousands in a hurry.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    True. If you are specific to weed and recent.

They do have gangs buying it in legal states and taking to non legal states.

Its as much a crime as not paying taxes, or having the right licenses and I do not know anyone who does not pay taxes, or does not have the right hunting license, business license, etc and shrugs and says its victimless and people feel sorry for them or support them.

I support legalization of weed, but its become a folk hero. Its not magic, it does not cure cancer, its not all people make it out to be.

And just like anything else from parking in the wrong spot and getting towed at a college campus, and not going to your car for a week, now you owe $400 bucks or more, or not paying a ticket and it goes to warrant, or not doing the right stuff with permits etc etc etc a million regulations and rules out there you have to follow or it can cost you tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars. Little petty stuff turns into thousands in a hurry.
    Okay okay... I'll stop arguing with you except for this one point... It's still too early to say what you said.
    The use of cannabinoids as anticancer agents
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Some people need to research the rise in crime, weed related road deaths etc. in Colorado before they make blanket statements about the legal way being victimless...

Jus' sayin'...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast