Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Lost the #@&* Little Spring!

Yep, I managed to lose the Take down pin detent spring on one of my ARs.
    Now I have to do what I should have done awhile ago--buy a replacement parts kit.

Lots out there.
    Recommendations would be appreciated.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Banned
    ACE hardware or Home Depot, fix it today

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    Yep, I managed to lose the Take down pin detent spring on one of my ARs.
    Now I have to do what I should have done awhile ago--buy a replacement parts kit.

Lots out there.
    Recommendations would be appreciated.
    Put your whole everything in a case, drive to Pointe Trap and Tactical on harper between 8 and 9 mile, ask for a new spring, finish your build there, and buy some other stuff.
    problem solved.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    ACE hardware or Home Depot, fix it today
    I've never had any luck finding the right little spring at a hardware store, but hope springs eternal. (Pun intended).
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Put your whole everything in a case, drive to Pointe Trap and Tactical on harper between 8 and 9 mile, ask for a new spring, finish your build there, and buy some other stuff.
    problem solved.
    Really!?!?
    That is good to know on a number of levels.
    I'm on my way.
    Here's hoping they are open on Saturday afternoon

One green stamp for you.

MGO Board of Directors

They are open--Saturday and Sunday.
    Very nice lady behind the counter.
    They had the spring, but I chose to buy the appropriately named, "Oops Kit."
    And, ya, they really do let you bring your build in and work on it there--handy.
    I'll definitely be back.

DrScaryGuy,
    Next time you go in, let them know that you were the one that sent me.
    She had never heard of "DrScaryGuy," and I don't know your given name.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    Yep, they are open--Saturday and Sunday.
    Very nice lady behind the counter.
    I bought the appropriately named, "Oops Kit."
    And, ya, they really do let you bring your build in and work on it there--handy.
    I'll definitely be back.

DrScaryGuy,
    Next time you go in, let them know that you were the one that sent me.
    She had never heard of "DrScaryGuy," and I don't know your given name.
    yeah, the fact that they have all the tools you need and a solid work bench is pretty awesome. I have all the tools I need at home, but some of their tools are nicer, so I've been in there a few times to work on stuff because my garage is a mess and poorly lit. And they usually have some kind of parts/ammo I want. So I try not to go in there often...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

If it's the front one, while you're at the hardware store get a 1/4" clevis pin and smooth out the holes if there're rough to keep them from scratching the ID of the receiver holes. Slide it in the take down holes, drop the spring and detent in, push then down with a small nail, allen wrench or drill bit, turn the clevis pin 90 degrees while working the nail/wrench/bit out. Place in a clear bag and use the takedown pin to push out the clevis pin. Done. The clear bag just helps contain it should your fingers slip badly when pushing out the clevis pin.

You should stop by often at gilberts hardware, then naturally find yourself stopping in at PTT.

I wish Mr Derronne in eastpointe with the true value would start selling gun stuff as well. He has awesome knives, he is a FFL, and he has the space. I wish he would get into guns more.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    If it's the front one
    Nope, it's the Takedown pin, not the Pivot pin.
    Thanks for the tip for installing the Pivot pin detent pin and spring though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast