Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Looking for taining for a complte novice

I am looking for Novice Firearms Instruction for my sister in Northwest Michigan. I helped her find a small, .22 magnum S&W revolver, but she needs basic shooting/safety instruction. I have done a little with her, but I feel she would do better with an NRA Instructor. Can anyone suggest a Trainer on the Traverse City or surrounding area?

Sign her up for a hunter safety course.

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    Sign her up for a hunter safety course.
    as just a first step.

After that, maybe look into one of the NRA "basic" courses online, https://basicpistol.nra.org/

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

NRA First Steps and NSF First Shots classes can often be found for free or for a few dollars. Both offer firearm safety and a short range experience.
    And hunters safety is often offered for free by many communities, but can be a much longer time investment than the other classes i mentioned.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    I have assisted in Hunter Training several years, and there is zero handgun training. My sister is 70 years old and does not hunt. She wishes to learn how to shoot safely, then take a CPL Class.

MGO Member
    Thanks Dr Scary, Are you aware of any training offered in northern lower Michigan?

Just sign her up for a CPL class that includes Basic Pistol. There should be ads for them in your local paper or hanging at your local gun store.
    Last edited by luckless; 10-08-2018 at 05:29 AM.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by isaactc View Post
    Thanks Dr Scary, Are you aware of any training offered in northern lower Michigan?
    I know where i've seen some around detroit, not so much in your area. sorry.
    call a couple indoor ranges, if you even have any out there in the vast wooded areas of N-L-MI
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Check the gun/sportsmens clubs near her. Many run classes or may be able o put you in contact with someone reputable.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

MGO Member
    THANKS GUYS, FOR THE ANSWERS. I HAVE IT COVERED FOR HER NOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast