Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegill View Post
    Happy hunting. CWD will eventually be everywhere and then the transport rules will go away.
    Probably already is. If they test for they will find it.

This is a pretty good article I got from "Hunterspirit MGO paid member" who is banned from here now. He posted this at OTP yesterday. It makes you go hmmm. Follow the money among other things like the monkey study from Canada.

“There has never been a link between eating venison and CWD,” he says. “The risk is not zero, but it’s pretty close to zero.”
    https://undark.org/article/chronic-wasting-disease-cwd/

NIH study finds no chronic wasting disease transmissibility in macaques

Researchers screened tissues for prion disease using several tests — including the highly sensitive RT-QuIC assay — and found no clinical, pathological or biochemical evidence suggesting that CWD was transmitted to macaques, according to their paper. RT-QuIC is Real-Time Quaking-Induced Conversion, developed at Rocky Mountain Laboratories in Hamilton, Montana, part of the NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

A key public health concern is whether people who consume meat or products from CWD-infected animals are susceptible to prion disease. CWD was first identified in 1967 in captive deer held in Colorado wildlife facilities. CWD has been gradually spreading in U.S. wildlife and is now found in 25 states as well as in Canada. The disease also has been found in South Korea, Norway and Finland.
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news...ility-macaques
    Last edited by Hawgrider; 10-18-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Just announced, first CWD case in the UP.

I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    Just got the email. Dickinson county 4 miles from the border.

I am a Forum User
    I believe you can also take antlerless with the regular tag (non combo) in 487 as well.

I got in to it with a neighbor up there a few years ago when he saw I had a doe and asked if I had an antlerless tag. I asked what business it was of his, then proceeded to tell him I didn't need one anyway. He got all fired up and ran to get his hunting guide. Shut him up pretty quick when I showed him where it was in the book. LOL

I am a Forum User
    i personally believe that if your deer tests positive for CWD, they should re-issue you a tag for free. I do not hunt in one of these regions, however a 7-14 day turn around to let you know if your deer had it? Heck in 7-14 days after i shoot my deer, i've already had two or three meals from it (butcher my own)

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by HamSandWich;3076187[B
    ]i personally believe that if your deer tests positive for CWD, they should re-issue you a tag for free. [/B]I do not hunt in one of these regions, however a 7-14 day turn around to let you know if your deer had it? Heck in 7-14 days after i shoot my deer, i've already had two or three meals from it (butcher my own)
    Two VERY good points.

I'm going to miss my deer camp backstrap delight.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12