Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365

Sig P365

After an incredibly long wait, I finally received the P365 I'd ordered 6 months ago. That wait was caused by the recall of earlier produced models, the popularity of the gun and my unwillingness to pay more than $500. Wait is over and here's my take on the gun. Pluses: It's a Sig, meaning it's well made, well within expected accuracy standards, and at least so far, is retaining resale value. For a small defense weapon, another big plus is it holds 10 rounds in the standard magazines (2 included with the gun), though you'll struggle to get the last two in the magazine. There are also 12 round magazines available, if you can find them without paying an arm and leg, that not only offer two extra rounds, but also an extension that makes griping the gun much more comfortable. As with all extended magazines, you do gain a bit of weight and add a bit more to conceal, two trade offs that are well worth it IMHO. As with the 10 round mags, getting in the last two rounds is difficult. The only minuses I can find are take down and recoil. The take down should be easy, and according to videos online, is but for some reason, mine is stubborn both taking down and reassembling. This may be operator induced and get better as I get more proficient with the gun, we'll see. Recoil is as expected from a small light weight gun - uncomfortable. Still, that's a relatively small price to pay for the concealability and high firepower this package provides. While the gun won't win any target matches, it's accuracy is more than adequate for its intended use, which is close quarters defense. The target below is 10 yards using Sig 147 grain ammo (another reason for the stiff recoil). On a 5 star rating system, I'd give it a solid 4.5 stars, which may actually increase to 5 if the mags get easier to load with use and I master the take down process. If you are looking for one of the ultimate concealability and firepower solutions, this is it.

Last edited by Tom S.; 10-10-2018 at 04:47 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Awesome. Thanks Tom

MGO Member
    Get a Uplula magazine loader, they work great for loading stacked magazines. If you shop around on E-bay you can get one for about $15.00 or so, they list for $35.00 I use one to load my Glock 17, 33 round mag. for my Kel-tek.

That's the next gun on my list to buy. All I need is some cash!!!
    Join MGO Date 07-25-2007
    AMAC Member

Quote Originally Posted by JLHOG View Post
    That's the next gun on my list to buy. All I need is some cash!!!
    I have one in stock here in Hastings when you are ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    I have one in stock here in Hastings when you are ready.

I saw that already. I need to sell at least one before I can get the P365. I am hoping within a week
    Join MGO Date 07-25-2007
    AMAC Member

MGO Member
    Have they worked out all the bugs on these?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitmedic View Post
    Have they worked out all the bugs on these?
    With that track record, and strikers made in India, it's still a major dice roll IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    With that track record, and strikers made in India, it's still a major dice roll IMHO.
    For the money, I'm rolling the dice. Distributor finally had some in stock so I ordered one for me, will be here next week.

Mine hasn't skipped a beat. Made Jan. 2019, 3rd gen. so to speak. Third time's a charm.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast