Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365

I am a Forum User
    Use the slide lock when removing or reinstalling the slide. Take down lever works easy then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman95 View Post
    lol

In all seriousness. The current production 365s are fixed from what I've heard. I'm not fan of sig beta testing self defense weapons with unsuspecting early buyers.
    Sig might not be the worst at doing that, but they are too premium to do it the way they do it.

It seems to be the new normal, not sure how much it even hurts their rep or bottom line.

About 7-8 years ago I thought people would hold it against them, not sure its a thing, only I am vengeful, lol, no one else seems to care.

The low end guys do this, no one tests guns in the factory anymore of if they do its only 1-2-3 shots thats it. You can send it back 3 times, sometimes on your dime, def your time, and three trips to range.

To knock a few bucks off the gun, to appeal to cheap skates you are 3-4-5-6 hours in, 100-150 bucks easy in ammo, range, shipping, and valuing your time at zero. If you make 20-50 bucks per hour you could damn near buy another gun when its all added up.

I hate this.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Sig might not be the worst at doing that, but they are too premium to do it the way they do it.

It seems to be the new normal, not sure how much it even hurts their rep or bottom line.

About 7-8 years ago I thought people would hold it against them, not sure its a thing, only I am vengeful, lol, no one else seems to care.

The low end guys do this, no one tests guns in the factory anymore of if they do its only 1-2-3 shots thats it. You can send it back 3 times, sometimes on your dime, def your time, and three trips to range.

To knock a few bucks off the gun, to appeal to cheap skates you are 3-4-5-6 hours in, 100-150 bucks easy in ammo, range, shipping, and valuing your time at zero. If you make 20-50 bucks per hour you could damn near buy another gun when its all added up.

I hate this.
    Like you said, welcome to the new normal. From phones to guns to cars, we are now the beta testers.

I am a Forum User
    Yea I'm considering the 365 for summer carry. How do you guys carry yours with say a tshirt on? Appendix? Pocket? 5oclock?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bcopple1 View Post
    Yea I'm considering the 365 for summer carry. How do you guys carry yours with say a tshirt on? Appendix? Pocket? 5oclock?
    About 3-3:30 iwb with vedder light tuck most of the time right now. Have pocket carried also and it works well for that. I am on the hunt for close fittings owb kydex right now. Something I can have at 3-3:30 and not block my front pocket.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrema312 View Post
    About 3-3:30 iwb with vedder light tuck most of the time right now. Have pocket carried also and it works well for that. I am on the hunt for close fittings owb kydex right now. Something I can have at 3-3:30 and not block my front pocket.
    Pocket carry does seem like a good, viable option for this gun. I compared it to my Kahr MK9, primarily carried in my pocket, and they are nearly identical in size. Because of that I've been really wanting the P365.

A friend of mine just had the firing pin break on his after 250 rounds.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rexzor2007 View Post
    Pocket carry does seem like a good, viable option for this gun. I compared it to my Kahr MK9, primarily carried in my pocket, and they are nearly identical in size. Because of that I've been really wanting the P365.
    I had a PM9 and carried it in pocket and a holster for a while. I actually liked it and found it to be quite accurate, but couldn't shoot it at speed well. I traded it off for a g43 but didn't care for that any better and it didn't work as well in the pocket. The p365 is the first thing I've had that carries as well in the pocket as the PM9 and I can shoot it far better at speed. In fact I can probably shoot it better at speed than anything smaller than a g19 size or larger gun. I can actually shoot the p365 slow at distance just as well as about every large double stack gun I have had to about 25 yards on a decent day. The thing is surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot well when you take your time.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman95 View Post
    In all seriousness. The current production 365s are fixed from what I've heard. I'm not fan of sig beta testing self defense weapons with unsuspecting early buyers.
    Any way to find out if something was built pre or post-fix? Serial number? I'm seriously considering adding one based on a family member's recommendation, but I don't want to buy old stock that's going to exhibit the same problems.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Any way to find out if something was built pre or post-fix? Serial number? I'm seriously considering adding one based on a family member's recommendation, but I don't want to buy old stock that's going to exhibit the same problems.
    I just asked anybody that you're looking to purchase from about the date on the box or when they receive their shipment from Sig. That's what I did and confirm the guns in stock were manufactured in 2019. The last of the fixes was done I believe in early fall of 2018. You might find an old one sitting on a shelf someplace overpriced in a retail outlet. Anything that you're going to be getting from a distributor is probably going to be recently manufactured. They sell fairly quickly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast