Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    No restriction about the grip, but there is a magazine restriction on auto-loaders.
    Depends on what is being pursued.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    No restriction about the grip, but there is a magazine restriction on auto-loaders.
    Depends on what is being pursued.
    1) Your response is just confusing the matter at hand
    2) You don't separate what portion you are responding to
    3) There are no restrictions on forward grips of any form for hunting, nor for any other activity by Michigan law. There is no reference to forward grips in MCL at all.
    4) There are magazine restrictions for more than one species and specifically for deer

And from the OP, one can surmise that this is in reference to deer hunting by the date posted, deer season was what was coming up and the other seasons that would generally use a rifle are already open.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyharry View Post
    Are there any restrictions on having a fore grip on an AR while hunting? I was thinking of taking my AR with me this year, and wasn't sure if I needed to remove the grip I have on it.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

1) Your response is just confusing the matter at hand
    2) You don't separate what portion you are responding to
    3) There are no restrictions on forward grips of any form for hunting, nor for any other activity by Michigan law. There is no reference to forward grips in MCL at all.
    4) There are magazine restrictions for more than one species and specifically for deer

And from the OP, one can surmise that this is in reference to deer hunting by the date posted, deer season was what was coming up and the other seasons that would generally use a rifle are already open.
    Just giving you a hard time. I was trying to do what you many times when you chime in. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by zcolt45 View Post
    Put a block in the Mag.

Shot-gunner do it.

Never has an issue with the DNR.
    So a 10 round magazine with a 5 round limiter is legal? Permanent modification NOT required?

You can use any capacity magazine as long as it is blocked to hold 5 or less rounds. Doesn't have to be permanent, think about all of the shotguns out there with a wood or plastic rod inside of the magazine spring to limit the capacity to 3 shells total.

I am a Forum User
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASC-223-5RD...ss!49417!US!-1

5 round mags are not to expensive, you can find em around $10 sometimes. I like C-Products with the orange follower. You can legally hunt with 6 rounds but the magazine can not hold more than 5, so full 5 round mag and one chambered.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Over Under is the best shotgun for hunting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12