Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Hunting with an AR

Are there any restrictions on having a fore grip on an AR while hunting? I was thinking of taking my AR with me this year, and wasn't sure if I needed to remove the grip I have on it.

No restriction about the grip, but there is a magazine restriction on auto-loaders.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    No restriction about the grip, but there is a magazine restriction on auto-loaders.
    Thanks for clarification on the grip. I was aware of the mag restriction already.

I am a Forum User
    What caliber are you going with?

I'll be hunting with an AR for the first time this year, too. Using Federal Fusion MSR 62gr jacketed soft points. I think they'll perform well on deer beneath 100 to 150 yards, although at my deer camp there are almost no sight lines stretching to 75 yards, let alone 100, so short range is the name of the game anyway.

Banned
    Have you looked into Hornady tap 75gr?

My son had one of those angled grips on his ar15 the past 3 seasons. Always got in the way when in the treestand and took it off for this year. Good luck on you hunt.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Hornady tap 75gr is good for Deer hunting

order up a 5 rd mag and you are good to go. If thats not happening now in time or the local shop does not have one you gotta leave the big mags at home, just feed a single round in, and keep a couple in your pocket. You raaaarely see follow up shot, but for next year have that 5 rd magpul ready for hunting season.

As mentioned all the guys I know that hunt 5.56 use hornady.

Like you are doing under 100 its a fine gun. At 40 yards its great.

Put a block in the Mag.

Shot-gunner do it.

Never has an issue with the DNR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast