Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19X

Yeah, I still don't see an M17 with the Romeo 1 combo. Separate pricing would put the Coyote with a Romeo at around $950. The black with the Romeo is $830. Sig is trying to be slick. Guess I could get the M17 & put a different sight on it.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

MGO Member
    I like Glocks, heck I even own two. Mine are a G23 3rd gen, and a G19 gen 5, I bought them for CCW. I just don't see the big attraction to a full size G17 frame with a G19 slide.

I guess it's similar to a government 1911 vs. a commander 1911. Just not my cup of tea.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
    I like Glocks, heck I even own two. Mine are a G23 3rd gen, and a G19 gen 5, I bought them for CCW. I just don't see the big attraction to a full size G17 frame with a G19 slide.

I guess it's similar to a government 1911 vs. a commander 1911. Just not my cup of tea.
    Exactly, especially when Sig (carry) and FN FNS have been doing it for years. I much prefer my chopped G17 to 19 length grip. Much more handy.

I picked up the 19X this weekend, and shot it today. I'm an unabashed hater of Glocks, but this is a hell of a gun. Shoots super flat and accurate. Very little muzzle flip, recoil management is good with the longer grip. My only complaint is the trigger is a little stiff for my liking, but it's light years ahead of any other stock Glock trigger I've ever seen.
    I see a lot of people say the 19 frame with a 17 slide would be better, but this pistol wasn't designed for the civilian CC market. Glock nailed it for what it's meant to do.
    I like the P320 better, but if the Army had gone with this they would have a great sidearm.

Dice

I am a Forum User
    I have a 17 cut to 19 grip length and it IS awesome, but like you said, this gun was built for duty. Enjoy! Same dimensions as an FNS or 509 BTW. Great guns <<<

I'm a fan of my 509, but I have to say the slide feels longer on it than on the 19x. I know it's not, but it seems like it is. Can't really explain it.

Dice

I am a Forum User
    The 19X is a sharp looking pistol and I wish they offered it in black (I HATE the look of the forward cocking serrations on the G45). I may still pick one up down the line or I may just end up with a G17 as I already have a Gen 5 G19.

I am a Forum User
    Gen 5 19 slide will fit the G45 frame. Buy it and sell your G45 slide on your G19 lower. Problem solved

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Gen 5 19 slide will fit the G45 frame. Buy it and sell your G45 slide on your G19 lower. Problem solved
    This may sound stupid, but I’m kind of anal when it comes to numbers (it would bug the hell out of me to have non-matching serial numbers) so after months of saying I hated the FDE 19X, I went ahead and ordered one this afternoon. Now the question is whether or not I keep the 19 since I will have the 19X, Gen 5 19, and Gen 5 26. Decisions, decisions.
    Last edited by Spiff_P239; 12-18-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Looking forward to a range report when you get the new 19X.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast