Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19X

this seems like the glock I would buy if I bought one, I used to admire a 19 here and there, this is better, still not the top of my 9 and 45 list of guns, but it is interesting. If I had a job where I got issued a gun and they gave me this, I would be pretty pleased.

I would still rather have a number of P series sigs, xd, mp, cz.

I am a Forum User
    Well, I was finally able to pick up the 19X today from my FFL. I must say that I do like the color of it and it feels really good in the hand. I do have smaller hands and can get all of my fingers on the grip of my Gen 5 G19, so there’s a little extra room when it comes to the 19X. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get to the range, but I’m excited to put some rounds through it.

Here it is with my G19 and G26

Nice looking group you have there. The multi colors of the X work well together. I'm looking to sell a couple to get back on track after the 2 Kimbers. But the 19x will be my next purchase.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Nice looking group you have there. The multi colors of the X work well together. I'm looking to sell a couple to get back on track after the 2 Kimbers. But the 19x will be my next purchase.
    The 19X looks even better with a black G17 mag inserted. Swapping the 19/19X slides results in a nice two-tone combination as well. The 19/19X duo have kept me from jumping ship to the Smith & Wesson M&P or SIG P320 line. If rumors are true and Glock releases a 43X/48, a 4th Glock handgun will soon join my collection.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff_P239 View Post
    If rumors are true and Glock releases a 43X/48, a 4th Glock handgun will soon join my collection.
    they're true. 1/3/19

I am a Forum User
    Not going to lie, I took my 19X to the range yesterday and did not shoot it well at all. The last time I owned a Gen 4 Glock 19 I shot it well so it must be something about where the hump of the backstrap is in relation to my hand. So while it felt good when handling it outside of the range, I really don't think it's going to work for me. I've been meaning to give the M&P 2.0 line a chance, so I think that's what I'm going to do after seeing such rave reviews about the M&P 2.0 Compact now that it's a head on competitor to the 19 and feels much better in my hand.

I am a Forum User
    I really like my 19x. When they announced it, I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. The opposite of what everyone wants (17 slide on 19 frame). I traded for one and absolutely love it. Something about the large frame and the compact slide balances great.

I really like my P320 compact with the X-Carry grip module. It essentially turns the P320 into a 19x...compact slide with full size frame. Between the two...the P320 shoots more accurately if you're shooting slow. The trigger is definitely better on the P320. The higher bore axis makes follow up shots a little slower. The thing I really don't like about it is the beavertail. It stabs me in the gut when I'm carrying it and makes it a lot harder to carry for me. The modularity of the P320 is cool. It makes it possible for one gun to fill many roles. Just my opinions between the two...YMMV.

ETA - for my money, the P320 is a better range gun, but the 19X is a better carry gun.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapinby View Post
    I really like my 19x. When they announced it, I thought it was the dumbest thing ever. The opposite of what everyone wants (17 slide on 19 frame). I traded for one and absolutely love it. Something about the large frame and the compact slide balances great.

I really like my P320 compact with the X-Carry grip module. It essentially turns the P320 into a 19x...compact slide with full size frame. Between the two...the P320 shoots more accurately if you're shooting slow. The trigger is definitely better on the P320. The higher bore axis makes follow up shots a little slower. The thing I really don't like about it is the beavertail. It stabs me in the gut when I'm carrying it and makes it a lot harder to carry for me. The modularity of the P320 is cool. It makes it possible for one gun to fill many roles. Just my opinions between the two...YMMV.

ETA - for my money, the P320 is a better range gun, but the 19X is a better carry gun.
    That 320 exists already, it is called the "carry" model. Full length grip, compact slide

Went to Brownstown gun show today & finally had a chance to handle one. I know the trigger guard will put a knot on my middle finger. I do like the looks of it tho'. Nice contrast. Not sure now if I want one. Need to shoot one in that frame size.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Yeah, I still don't see an M17 with the Romeo 1 combo. Separate pricing would put the Coyote with a Romeo at around $950. The black with the Romeo is $830. Sig is trying to be slick. Guess I could get the M17 & put a different sight on it.
    I don't think that you can find a real M-17 with the Romeo 1 as the military specified another brand of red dot. Last I heard (don't know for sure though) is the real M-17 screw sizes are different so the Romeo 1 isn't a direct bolt on the M-17.

I believe that you can get the civilian version of the M-17 (look alike) with the Romeo 1 though.

I sure hope that the military doesn't adapt the Romeo 1 in it's present form as I have been through 3 of them now & am still having issues with durability. Sig (Holosun) doesn't quite have all their ducks in a row with the Romeo 1 yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast