Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    Damn, I just bought a 450 bushmaster upper from them last month for $350, I thought that was going to be a hard price to beat. Looks like I can get the same one now for $260 shipped.
    x3. I'm stuck between getting an upper, or a dedicated .450 Bushmaster gun like the Ruger American.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    x3. I'm stuck between getting an upper, or a dedicated .450 Bushmaster gun like the Ruger American.
    That was my debate a while back, and went the Ruger American route as BCA's reviews have always been dismal at best. I know I can resell or get service on the Ruger if I have to. I can't say the same for a BCA upper.
    It's been out in the field a few times this year, and has done it's job quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Politics. I was going for the Scout, wood stocked, then a certain someone on my SoCal Christmas card list has been making the point that nobody hunts with an AR. So to make my point, an upper it is. But I cannot tell him until I harvest.

It’s like, I have a hunting handgun, but I can’t make the claim of being a “Handgun Hunter” until I actually harvest game with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpkimmel83 View Post
    How is it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiChallenger View Post
    x2!
    I have not fired it yet, I still need to buy some ammo for it. I can take some pictures of it if you want some "real life" pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    That was my debate a while back, and went the Ruger American route as BCA's reviews have always been dismal at best. I know I can resell or get service on the Ruger if I have to. I can't say the same for a BCA upper.
    It's been out in the field a few times this year, and has done it's job quite well.
    Everything I saw about their 450 was good

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgWarrior View Post
    Politics. I was going for the Scout, wood stocked, then a certain someone on my SoCal Christmas card list has been making the point that nobody hunts with an AR. So to make my point, an upper it is. But I cannot tell him until I harvest.

It’s like, I have a hunting handgun, but I can’t make the claim of being a “Handgun Hunter” until I actually harvest game with it.
    Haha that's the exact reason I want to get an AR upper instead of the Ruger American. That, and it might save me $150 bucks.

I am a Forum User
    I've hunted with both, the .450 AR and now a .450 Ruger American. Give me the bolt action all day long. To me, an AR in a deer stand is noisy, clunky and generally uncomfortable (unless perhaps it's a muzzled sbr) YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgWarrior View Post

class it up with a wood stock, some lib anti gun, anti hunters, or just fudds from a distance do not know an ar15 if it has a wood stock.

Post a pic with a giant buck, wood stock ar15, and see what happens.

if these are half decent this is very tempting, I have some spikes lowers laying around for over a year. This would be nice if it is anywhere near 1 MOA. Seems too good to be true.

I am a Forum User
    I can't speak for BCA, but this is shot 6, 7, and 8, literally out of the box, throw a 3x9 on top, Ruger machining oil and all. I was planning to draw a snake through it and realized at the range I left it on the bench.
    This is with Hornady's custom 250g FTX ammo.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast