Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Thanks for the tips and suggestions so far. I guess the Thursday evening ending does make sense after thinking about it.
    Many years ago when selling on ebay, I ended auctions on Sundays at 8pm Pacific time, thinking it got more bids. Back then, you had to be home at the computer to bid, phones couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    Thanks for the tips and suggestions so far. I guess the Thursday evening ending does make sense after thinking about it.
    Many years ago when selling on ebay, I ended auctions on Sundays at 8pm Pacific time, thinking it got more bids. Back then, you had to be home at the computer to bid, phones couldn't do it.
    Fridays, everyone is leaving town or heading to the bar, weekends people are fixing the porch or bathroom sink, Mondays suck, etc.

Thursdays people usually don't do anything in anticipation of the weekend. People on the west coast get out of work at 8:00pm our time, so 9:30 gives them time to get home and settle in front of their email telling them they have been OUTBID.

Account Closed Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Most people are home Thursday evening.
    And it is payday for many.

MGO Member Forum User
    For me, I've had the worst luck on a Friday or Saturday (obviously). Sunday nights, for me, seem to work the best for GB bidding. Everything I've had ending on a Sunday night has gotten a ton of bids. You have to figure yes, most people are doing stuff on the weekends, but on Sunday night most people are starting to wind down and relax in anticipation for the coming workweek.

MGO Member
    Curious why you havent tried armslist or the classifieds here? Ive always been able to sell anything through that combination.

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    Curious why you havent tried armslist or the classifieds here? Ive always been able to sell anything through that combination.
    I've had mixed results. I've actually had much better luck recently on Armslist rather than here. But I've still had a couple items that I listed on Gunbroker that someone bit almost immediately that just languished on here/Armslist for weeks. Gunbroker is definitely more of a hassle but it's not a bad idea if you're not having any luck locally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12