Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Winchester mod 70 Palma Trophy Match 308

Wondering what a Winchester mod 70 Palma match rifle is worth. In excellent condition, does not have scope or sights. Just the rails.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by josh88 View Post
    Wondering what a Winchester mod 70 Palma match rifle is worth. In excellent condition, does not have scope or sights. Just the rails.
    Winchester's Custom Shop made the rifles used for the Palma Matches at Camp Perry during 1968, 1972, and 1976. About 75 in 1968, 120 in 1972, and 140 in 1976. The rifles are marked 'Palma Match' and have heavy 26 inch blued barrels. The WCS built these rifles on a walnut prone style stock and the metalwork was bedded with Bisonite. The 1968 models have standard Model 70 triggers, the later models have externally adjustable triggers.

These rifles were shipped in grey wooden boxes with Redfield International sights and Freeland rails & handstops.

A complete rig was offered several years ago for $ 2,500, but it had not sold after several months when I lost track of it.