Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    is it a chromed out folder A team style.

I want one just because I wanted to be hannable circa 1987 as a kid. Who am I kidding, 1983- all the way to about 1992.
    Naw, just a blued steel plain wood stock. But it does say "Quality" on it, so I got that part covered.

Banned
    Name:  mini-14chart.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  36.3 KB

MGO Member
    I've never had any trouble with the bolt sticking with my original Mini 30. I've taken a number of deer with it out to 150 yards. It's been a 2-3 MOA rifle which is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Walther View Post
    One of the suggestions above by jmoser and a few others out in the interwebs.
    Ya, I did see him mention it as well. Was thinking that it was the common answer I recalled being the "solution" to this. Wasn't 100%.

I am a Forum User
    Just got done cleaning and reassembling. There was no rust anywhere, No sticky lubricants, No apparent residual from lacquer. What I did find was a build up of crud on the slide and the liner by the gas block. It was built up to the point that it was pretty rough. After cleaning both pieces they were reassembled dry. With that much crud I can see these parts sticking if left to set long enough.

Moral of the story: While it doesn't need to be field stripped every time it goes out, you can't ignore it either.

Actual mini 14 group with iron sights, not something found on the internet.
    Last edited by JDG; 10-25-2018 at 07:00 PM. Reason: made pic smaller
    Active airport shooter

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Keep a rubber mallet in your ammo can?
    Use a mallet or in the alternative, store with the bolt open or better yet, use a chamber flag or something similar to keep the gas tube very slightly out of contact with the operating slide assembly. I do the latter - I stick something in the chamber to keep the bolt slightly open.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Actual mini 14 group with iron sights, not something found on the internet.
    Some guns get way more cred than they deserve like mosins, mausers, springfields, even pre 64 win 70s, or marlin 336. All exaggerated performance. Their legend is greater than the gun and I love mausers and win 70s. Love basically any marlin especially lever action.

Add ar15 which people act like its a legit lazer beam.

Arsenal factory aks get unfair rep, same with mini 14 especially the new heavy barrel or new alloy what every they started doing about 8-9 years ago.

When I tell people I can keep up with their marlin 336 with my converted saiga they do not believe it, they refuse to believe it.

Ohh well you cant educate some people.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 10-25-2018 at 08:19 PM.

My pencil bbl Mini 14 shoots better since I chopped 5.5" off the bbl, but it shot okay before that. Never had a scope on it to see what it really is capable of, but that above group is not cherry picked.
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    My pencil bbl Mini 14 shoots better since I chopped 5.5" off the bbl, but it shot okay before that. Never had a scope on it to see what it really is capable of, but that above group is not cherry picked.
    thats very acceptable.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast