Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Not sure how accurate this is, but I've read and heard several instances where in an SD situation, the adrenaline is so great, that it shuts your hearing down to the point that there is no damage.
    I remember talking to someone years back that was in a situation, and he had no deafness, ringing, etc. after the incident.
    :shrug:

However, even before seeing the baseball bat reference, I was thinking crossbow.

I defend my home with a long sword!!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by I1I1I11II View Post
    Hell yeah. Nothing like the ease of swinging a baseball bat in confined spaces.

Actually, I prefer kids' tee ball bats. Never jams or runs out of ammo. Think it's no good? Break into my house. I guarantee you'll wish you hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DTruck View Post
    Not sure how accurate this is, but I've read and heard several instances where in an SD situation, the adrenaline is so great, that it shuts your hearing down to the point that there is no damage.
    I remember talking to someone years back that was in a situation, and he had no deafness, ringing, etc. after the incident.
    :shrug:

However, even before seeing the baseball bat reference, I was thinking crossbow.

Perception of hearing suppressed by the brain during extreme fight/ flight reactions? Yes, this is entirely true.

But, hearing loss/ damage as a result of loud noise is a physical thing, not a brain/ nerve thing. Physical damage to the mechanics of the inner ear will still result.

I am a Forum User
    You see videos all the time of soldiers/cops doing raids and shooting multiple rounds and flashbangs in enclosed spaces. I'm sure they have some eventual hearing loss but is the damage from 1-2 shots even measurable? I used to go to loud concerts and occasionally shot without protection and yet an audiology test several years ago said that I'm well within normal hearing limits.

Hell yeah. Nothing like the ease of swinging a baseball bat in confined spaces.
    It's wielded like a pool cue. Poke em in da eye!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    Actually, I prefer kids' tee ball bats. Never jams or runs out of ammo. Think it's no good? Break into my house. I guarantee you'll wish you hadn't.
    Lol

Are you being serious?

That's sort of a stupid response... If you're being serious anyway...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    It's wielded like a pool cue. Poke em in da eye!
    Captain insano

I am a Forum User
    Lol

Are you being serious?

That's sort of a stupid response... If you're being serious anyway...

I'm serious insofar as I believe a tee ball bat is the best home defense weapon for me. Obviously, I own many guns, but after a lot of thought/thought exercise, I've come to the conclusion that this is the best choice for me for multiple reasons.

As far as "confined spaces", other than the exception of the two bathrooms in my home, there's more than enough room to utilize a weapon like this effectively.

One good whack with an aluminum tee ball bat, basically anywhere on the body will immediately de-escalate any situation. A second or subsequent whacks are equally effective as a bullet.

Also, in my home are my wife and three kids. In the unlikely event I needed to shoot at an intruder, the risk level is way too high for stray bullets to be flying through my home. Moreover, the bat, while equally effective at stopping the threat is much less likely to result in a fatality and the following litigation that would likely take place.

To each their own. If you or others want to choose a firearm for home defense, that's fine. You can do as you wish. I do have home protection firearms on hand too, but my first choice would be the tee ball bat any day for those reasons.

Lastly, I should say that this is situational. I'm in my 30's and fit. If I were in my 60's or beyond, the firearm may be more suitable.

Ultimately, there's really no consensus on which home defense weapon is best. There's no consensus on which carry pistol is the best. There's no consensus on which SHTF firearm is best. There's no consensus on which hunting rifle is the best.

We just make our own decisions based on research and thought and, for me, it's a bat. Sorry if that's not cool/tacticool enough for the majority here, but my concern is stopping a threat, protecting my family, and staying out of court/jail in the process.

Banned
    I said that because I'm never going to break into your home and you and I will never fight.

There's no need for you to bring me into your home...

So, I woke up a few days ago because of a loud noise...

Naked, trying to get on my boxers... I finally gave up after. I figured out how impaired my motor skills were just waking up... 417am...

I, honestly, wouldn't trust my physical fighting abilities JUST waking up. I WAS no slouch. Now I'm approaching 40 and what I was capable of, I'm not.

I never was capable of multiple attackers naked, 4am, just waking up with a bat. You might be overestimating your abilities... Maybe...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast