Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Count me in on this suggestion. I’m a member because I believe in this organization. Getting everything via an email is not only Ok with me, but is preferred. I despise snail mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta Demoni View Post
    Not speaking for everyone, and likely not to new members but, for me, as far as renewal goes, I don't need you guys to send me anything physical whatsoever. No need to stuff or mail any physical envelope, card, etc. Maybe there's a way to provide a "go paperless" option or something like that. I just like to join to support the org and the few forum perks that come with it.

Dunno if making that option would be simpler or what, but just putting my thoughts out here.

MGO Member Forum User
    So how long does the new membership process usually take? It's been almost 2 weeks since I bought a membership with no correspondence other than an email saying that my payment was confirmed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SHOOTINGKIDS View Post
    Thank you VOLUNTEERS.
    So people that pay money shouldn't receive timely service they paid for??
    One reason I would never pay. I hate to say this and hope it doesn't get me in trouble but the over policing and censorship is the main one for me.. I get it if someone is giving incorrect legal information but other posts and threads get deleted for literally no reason.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Citoricx View Post
    So people that pay money shouldn't receive timely service they paid for??
    One reason I would never pay. I hate to say this and hope it doesn't get me in trouble but the over policing and censorship is the main one for me.. I get it if someone is giving incorrect legal information but other posts and threads get deleted for literally no reason.

You could volunteer to help out with membership and such.

Oh wait, you'll never be a member. Never mind. Carry on!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by rebilacx View Post
    So how long does the new membership process usually take? It's been almost 2 weeks since I bought a membership with no correspondence other than an email saying that my payment was confirmed.
    Sorry for your trouble rebilacx. It's rather embarrassing and it never used to be like this.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Sorry for your trouble rebilacx. It's rather embarrassing and it never used to be like this.

I agree. Before, all membership stuff was dealt with promptly... like 24-48 hours. Not sure what's going on, but hoping MGO is trying to get it dealt with.

My membership "anniversary" is in October. Before, I'd get a reminder from MikeB a few weeks before to renew. This year, the date came and went and nothing even changed. Finally, when I realized it a month later, I just renewed/paid. Then another month or so later, I got an email about it.

Needs some attention for sure.

I am a Forum User
    I ran a vBulletin forum for many years. Monetary support was not required for membership, but it was an option to help offset the hosting costs.

I set up the vBulletin paid subscription functionality and people who donated received their extended access to the forums IMMEDIATELY. Not in 24-48 hours. Not in a few days. Not in a few weeks. Immediately.

While I follow the comment about "we don't want to force every paying member into needing a forum account", it doesn't make sense. It's 2019, not 1995, and almost everyone has a computer, tablet or mobile device. Beyond that, I'd be willing to bet that almost all of the memberships are, in large part, a product of the forums. Sure, you'll get a few folks signing up at gun shows or other events where there's a booth. But I bet the ratio hugely favors online users.

Can anyone tell us what percentage of paid memberships come from people who are NOT members of the forums?

When people become supporting members here, they don't do it for the MGO membership card and the tchotchkes. Yes, they do it to support the organization and its cause, but it shouldn't take weeks to reflect a member's support on the very vehicle that drives most of the paid memberships. THAT portion of it can be fixed in less than an hour.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that, if you instituted an immediate paid membership via the vBulletin forums 'paid membership' functionality (and then follow up with cards, letters, emails and/or other stuff later), paid memberships (including renewals) would increase. I have been a paid member several times in the past. I'd definitely do it again (and continue) if these issues were remedied.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    You could volunteer to help out with membership and such.

Oh wait, you'll never be a member. Never mind. Carry on!
    Nope that is for certain.

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    No problem, I was just wondering. I wasn't sure if it usually takes awhile or if I should try to contact someone.

Quote Originally Posted by rebilacx View Post
    No problem, I was just wondering. I wasn't sure if it usually takes awhile or if I should try to contact someone.
    Please contact jonnyc76. He will take care of you. Have a good evening.
    Last edited by oldmann1967; 04-02-2019 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Edit membership coordinator screen name

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast