Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Constitutional Carry

With the new elections coming up in 2020 if Shutte gets in office does anyone think it might go in front of him / be re-introduced ? Just want to see what we the people are feeling and thinking /

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    With the new elections coming up in 2020 if Shutte gets in office does anyone think it might go in front of him / be re-introduced ? Just want to see what we the people are feeling and thinking /
    One can hope.
    My only concern is that if we get constitutional carry, there are still a lot of TERRIBLE laws on the books. You'll have jurisdictions like wayne county throwing the book at people for something as simple as having a jacket come close to an OC gun, relying on the cops saying it was illegally concealed, and doing everything they can to suppress body/dash cam evidence that would show they're full of crap.
    I mean... that's what they're doing already, why would they stop when they can just keep attacking people and having them plea to felonies and give up guns as long as they only get probation?
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    One can hope.
    My only concern is that if we get constitutional carry, there are still a lot of TERRIBLE laws on the books. You'll have jurisdictions like wayne county throwing the book at people for something as simple as having a jacket come close to an OC gun, relying on the cops saying it was illegally concealed, and doing everything they can to suppress body/dash cam evidence that would show they're full of crap.
    I mean... that's what they're doing already, why would they stop when they can just keep attacking people and having them plea to felonies and give up guns as long as they only get probation?
    Constitutional carry would alleviate that...not that I think it has a chance of passing in MI with all the fudds

The same people that passed it in the House of Representatives will still be there after the election, for the most part. The same people that stymied things in the Senate will be gone, for the most part. Schuette isn't Rick Snyder, so we have THAT going for us.

If it can get through the legislature, I think he would sign it.

I am a Forum User
    I really think Whitmer has this.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walther View Post
    I really think Whitmer has this.
    Sadly, I think you're right. Snyder ruined it for almost any Republican that had run. He alienated both parties and the independents, who are probably going to determine the outcome of this race.
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Sadly, I think you're right. Snyder ruined it for almost any Republican that had run. He alienated both parties and the independents, who are probably going to determine the outcome of this race.
    Not so much that, go look at our voting history. Two terms for each party, then switch.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Walther View Post
    Not so much that, go look at our voting history. Two terms for each party, then switch.
    go look at our voting history. MI hadn't put a republican president in office since 1984.
    And until this year, a grassroots black man getting on the republican senate ticket would have been ... unexpected

i dunno, i'm not disagreeing , just saying that history is history, not now.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    If Whitmer wins, any chance of getting everyone in Lansing off their collective asses and passing some pro gun lame duck action?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    go look at our voting history.
    That's what I just said. Anything is possible, but that last time this state had two governors from the same party in a row was in the 60's with Romney/Milliken. That's about 15-20 years before we last went red for Reagan and it's 49 years running. Add to that the Pension Tax and Right to Work and I don't see Schuette, (who is a terrible public speaker, BTW) has a chance.

William Milliken January 22, 1969 January 1, 1983 Republican
    James Blanchard January 1, 1983 January 1, 1991 Democratic
    John Engler January 1, 1991 January 1, 2003 Republican
    Jennifer Granholm January 1, 2003 January 1, 2011 Democratic
    Rick Snyder January 1, 2011 Incumbent Republican

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast