Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kbdm View Post
    If Whitmer wins, any chance of getting everyone in Lansing off their collective asses and passing some pro gun lame duck action?
    No. Rick Snyder would have to sign it and Arlan Meekhof would have to allow it to come to a vote in the Senate. For multiple reasons, I don't think that will happen.

Constitutional carry would keep Wayne County from pulling shenanigans like that. And, if written properly, hopefully some type of preemption would protect the common man from the stupidity of liberals making city/county level laws.
    Having just moved to AZ where they have Con Carry, I can say it's a nice piece of mind. I went ahead and got my CCW for reciprocity reasons, and I suspect a lot more people carry, but really the oddball laws are the same here as in Michigan where you can open carry with a CCW in places that have policy against concealed carry. And the CCW makes it easier to purchase a firearm.
    I mean in the end, getting your CCW is really just a minor inconvenience so why wait for Con Carry in the first place?
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Constitutional carry would keep Wayne County from pulling shenanigans like that. And, if written properly, hopefully some type of preemption would protect the common man from the stupidity of liberals making city/county level laws.
    Having just moved to AZ where they have Con Carry, I can say it's a nice piece of mind. I went ahead and got my CCW for reciprocity reasons, and I suspect a lot more people carry, but really the oddball laws are the same here as in Michigan where you can open carry with a CCW in places that have policy against concealed carry. And the CCW makes it easier to purchase a firearm.
    I mean in the end, getting your CCW is really just a minor inconvenience so why wait for Con Carry in the first place?
    Okay, say somebody did everything by the book in WaCo...
    Ever heard of Marcus Weldon? He did everything right and got hit with 7 felonies that he had to fight off in court.
    I'm not saying i'm against carry at all, obviously, I'm just worried about what it will do to a lot of people.
    legalized weed, i AM worried about. I spend a lot of time driving so I feel some idiot smoking a joint and texting while on 94 is going to kill me. I already smell it on city roads all the time, so I know folks are smoking it illegally while driving... but that number is absolutely going to skyrocket if it's legalized, regardless of how illegal it may still be to smoke and drive.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Okay, say somebody did everything by the book in WaCo...
    Ever heard of Marcus Weldon? He did everything right and got hit with 7 felonies that he had to fight off in court.
    I'm not saying i'm against carry at all, obviously, I'm just worried about what it will do to a lot of people.
    legalized weed, i AM worried about. I spend a lot of time driving so I feel some idiot smoking a joint and texting while on 94 is going to kill me. I already smell it on city roads all the time, so I know folks are smoking it illegally while driving... but that number is absolutely going to skyrocket if it's legalized, regardless of how illegal it may still be to smoke and drive.
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...se-of-the-day/
    There are thing he did wrong that got him charged, but He did something right IMO. Thus, he was found Not Guilty. The Cost to defend him was a lot.

Well Prop 1 passed so weed heads will be even more. I do not think this will happen with the Dem in office. We just need to be on top of them if and when they try do there Common sense gun laws. I said this in another post, Thank god were on in Washington state...
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by XDM 40 cal View Post
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...se-of-the-day/
    There are thing he did wrong that got him charged, but He did something right IMO. Thus, he was found Not Guilty. The Cost to defend him was a lot.
    He, used non-lethal force to stop a smaller man from physically battering a female friend, and escalated to lethal force when that smaller man pulled a gun.
    They ran when they heard another car speeding at them - (that's smart, get away from the threat, get safe). It just happened to be detroit police who had watched it happen and chose to do nothing until afterwards.
    What did he do wrong? I mean, aside from being in Detroit...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    He, used non-lethal force to stop a smaller man from physically battering a female friend, and escalated to lethal force when that smaller man pulled a gun.
    They ran when they heard another car speeding at them - (that's smart, get away from the threat, get safe). It just happened to be detroit police who had watched it happen and chose to do nothing until afterwards.
    What did he do wrong? I mean, aside from being in Detroit...
    The two exchanged words, got in each other’s faces. Got a little physical.
    As been taught, you Deescalate.. If and only when the Aggressor showed the Intend to Great Bodly Harm or In fear for your Life is when you last resort is the Firearm. There might have been more that just what printed? Nothing was written about the police sitting and watch this all happen?..
    The sirens and flashing lights came on. It was Detroit PD. They drew down on Marcus and arrested him.
    Is the only part referring to DPD. Yea, he got a Crapsastic raw deal, we have no clue is to what he told the police after he was arrested. and we all know that you shouldn't talk without a lawyer present. "Shyster" This speak to the facts that two of the people that were witness or suspect were no where to be found when the court case was going on.... The city should have made a motion to dismissed, as they didn't have a single witness, but what to I know? I'm just a Guy on a Gun website putting though to a subject that pertains to all of us who carry a firearm for self defense.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

I am a Forum User
    [QUOTE=michaelm_ski;3075641]With the new elections coming up in 2020 if Shutte gets in office does anyone think it might go in front of him / be re-introduced ? Just want to see what we the people are feeling and thinking /[/QUOT

Not anymore lol

I am a Forum User
    I fail to understand why people continue to talk about this. No offense to anyone. It'll never happen.

Banned
    Under Snyder, zero chance.
    Under republican governor X, slightly more than zero chance. Meekhoff hates it.
    Under a democratic governor, with R house and senate, and the votes to overturn a veto... Perhaps.

I am a Forum User
    To overturn a veto 2/3 of the total members in the house and senate need to support the veto over ride. There is no political will in Lansing now or in the future to do such a thing. I see even a lot less done toward gun rights being now that Proposal 2 has passed. I hope I am wrong but we may have lived through the high water mark of 2A rights in this State.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast