Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Trust addresses updating

when lesser members of a trust (non Grantor) move to a new address how long do you have to update with the ATF ?

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by klyph12 View Post
    when lesser members of a trust (non Grantor) move to a new address how long do you have to update with the ATF ?
    You don't
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

I am a Forum User
    thnx !

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Along those lines, it is my understanding that if the Trustee/Grantor moves but stays within the same state, he need not notify the ATF. Same for individual Form4s. Is this correct or #fakenews?

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    Along those lines, it is my understanding that if the Trustee/Grantor moves but stays within the same state, he need not notify the ATF. Same for individual Form4s. Is this correct or #fakenews?
    Truth
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

Coming from a 'Shyster' I will take that to the bank.lol
    Thanks,
    Tall

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    Coming from a 'Shyster' I will take that to the bank.lol
    Thanks,
    Tall
    You should, he is “The Shyster”
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Banned
    And if I, the settlor, move out of state?

With multiple Responsible Persons (Trustees) I am not sure what happens when their seperate addresses change, but I'm fairly certain if there is just one Responsible Person (Trustee) and he/she moves out of state with the guns, then the ATF must be notified. But the Form4 will stay unchanged, will not get "replaced". Also I am not sure what happens if a Trustee moves out of state but wants to keep guns under lock and key at old address, where only he has the combo to the safe. That may be allowed, don't remember what is required in such a case.
    Last edited by TallPine; 12-11-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    And if I, the settlor, move out of state?
    You will need to file a Form 20 if you are taking SBRs, SBSs, AOWs or transferable MGs out of state, whether temporarily or permanently. ATF doesn't care about suppressors.