Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Another option: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/51...-reticle-matte

I called hawke. A person answered! and they answered my question. The guy encouraged me to put any of their rifle scopes on any thing with heavy recoil and try to kill it because they havent seen it yet.

I am a Forum User
    There is a big difference between the 308 and the 450. The 308 uses a medium burning rifle powder and the 450 uses fast burning pistol powder. Ol Joe's technical data is good but I understand good old g forces of which the 308 runs about 650g's and the 450 about 800g's. The 450's pulse is fast and sharp where the 308 is more of a push. It's the fast and sharp that kill scopes. I had customers destroy their cheap scopes in short order. They were a Bushnell AR Optics, Primary Arms ACSS's, and several NCstars and BSA's. After sending back several Primary Arms they called me and said not to put them on 450's. I've now been recommending Althon and the Leupold optics as they guarantee 1000g's. I'm sure there are others but prefer those with good warranties just in case. I have not had any Athlon's broken yet. You can get an Athlon Talos BTR for under $200 on most websites. Their lifetime warranty is very good.

MGO Member
    My youngest son also just purchased a .450 BM Ruger American bolt rifle. If $250 is in your price range, you may want to check out Leupolds VX-Freedom #176011. It is a 3-9x40 mm, already calibrated for the Hornady 450 BM loads.
    He ordered from Amazon, but Optics Planet has the same price, Midway too, but I don't know if they ship for free.
    https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-VX-Fr.../dp/B07CTV7Q44
    We have always been happy with Leupold products.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Get a beefy mount, something like the Burris PEPR which ha good reviews. I plan to run that with a Vortex Crossfire II 3x9 scope. Should be getting it all together this weekend, but still waiting on mags.

I"m assuming you bought the BCA upper that a lot of us just did?
    Yes I did! All the talk in your thread got me all hopped up! Thanks guys for all the responses! I'll start looking around at the stuff that was recommended!

Regards,
    Costanza
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

MGO Member
    I ended up putting a Nikon Slughunter on my 50 Beowulf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12