Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ gunsmith

I am a Forum User

CZ gunsmith

Looking for a gunsmith to reduce the DA pull on my CZ SP-01 tactical and shorten the reset. I’m going to order the short reset system and the ultra lite kit from Cajun Gun Works. I know I can send my pistol to Cajun gun works and have them do the work but I’m trying to find something local. I’m located in commerce township. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you

Many years ago I had https://www.ddgunsmiths.com/ (in Troy) put CGW parts in three of my CZs. It wasn't cheap. but I was happy with the results.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    Many years ago I had https://www.ddgunsmiths.com/ (in Troy) put CGW parts in three of my CZs. It wasn't cheap. but I was happy with the results.
    Do you remember how much per gun? Looks like CGW charges an exorbitant amount

I am a Forum User
    If you have some basic tools and mechanical skills, it's really not that difficult. There are many guides and videos to help along the way.

http://https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/191773-cz-tuning-101-with-professor-atlas/

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...p01+disassebly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYCtHQzrNG0

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BugsSon402 View Post
    Do you remember how much per gun? Looks like CGW charges an exorbitant amount
    Nope - Put per hour costs for smiths are kinda standard. You pay a pro for a reason

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mp77 View Post
    Looking for a gunsmith to reduce the DA pull on my CZ SP-01 tactical and shorten the reset. I’m going to order the short reset system and the ultra lite kit from Cajun Gun Works. I know I can send my pistol to Cajun gun works and have them do the work but I’m trying to find something local. I’m located in commerce township. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you
    The CZ SP01 tactical has a decocker. Save your money and do not buy the shorter reset parts, they only work best on models without the firing bin bloc and to a lesser extent on the SP01 with firing blocks but with safety only. When it come to the tactical model with decoker the benefit you get from the short rest is not much at all due to all the other mechanisms eating up into the expected enhancement (firing pin block activation and the decocker mechanism. Invest only in a set of lighter main springs, lighter firing pin spring, extended firing pin, and the enhanced firing pin holeder pin. That should run you around $50 and that will lighten the trigger and maintain reliability. How do I know that, I did the same work on my SP01 9mm couple years back and didn't notice much difference in the reset, not even close to what you get on a SIG SRT. However, the trigger was sweet and light.

I am a Forum User
    Jim sig, did you do the work yourself? Was it difficult?

I would be interested to know this as well. I have a SP-01 that I have though about sending into CGW for years now.

The spring replacement is not difficult, but can be tricky with the mag brake, on the hammer spring. If it's going to be a range gun only, you can drop the hammer spring down for a great DA pull, which in turn lightens the SA a bit. The best way to shorten the reset, is to remove the block safety in the slide for the firing pin, and the lift arm from the sear cage. CZ USA does this in their custom shop pistols, but you have to sign a waiver. The pre-B, 85 combat, also come without the firing pin block system, and it's why the triggers are better in them. CZ sells a spacer to fill in the gap created when you remove the lift arm too.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Yes i did it myself but I was very patient at that time. One advice if you want to go that route, buy a bunch of the decocker springs, they are like $3 but it was a pain in the neck getting them to sit in place when I was assembling the sear cage. I lost two of them and damaged one. Also buy the recommended slave pins by Cajun Gunworks. They are very handy when assembling parts together. I would say that it was difficult bt very rewarding at the end to claim that you worked on a CZ tactical. The safety models are much much easier to work on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast