Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

magnum-research-introduces-new-429-de-pistol-cartridge

Name:  DE-Image-600x450.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  30.3 KB

Pillager, MN – (Ammoland.com) – Magnum Research, Inc, maker of the world renowned Desert Eagle pistol and leader in innovative firearms design and manufacturing, is proud to announce the launch of the new 429 DE pistol cartridge.

Magnum Research has developed a new, fast, powerful .44 caliber pistol cartridge. The 429 DE (Desert Eagle) was designed to enhance the famous and powerful Desert Eagle platform. This cartridge has a 25% velocity increase and 45% energy increase over a 44 Mag (240 — 6″ barrel). It has a velocity of 1600 FPS with 240 grain bullets and 1750 FPS with 210 grain bullets.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/10/mag...#axzz5VVvz10KX

I am a Forum User
    Looks promising. If Kahr would just add a firing pin block and a double action trigger to the platform I'd be happy.
    Hopefully this cartridge will address some of the reliability issues with the DE. It's an awesome gun, but does need some improvements. I love shooting my stainless 50AE.

I am a Forum User
    Neat. Could be a great bolt action round as well.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rexzor2007 View Post
    Looks promising. If Kahr would just add a firing pin block and a double action trigger to the platform I'd be happy.
    Hopefully this cartridge will address some of the reliability issues with the DE. It's an awesome gun, but does need some improvements. I love shooting my stainless 50AE.
    Or move the safety to the frame where it belongs

So.........why not just start making them in .440 Corbon again? Why develop an entirely new cartridge that’s essentially the same thing? This new one isn’t much of a gain over standard .44 mag anyway, at least not like .440 was. My usual Ammo for my .44 MKVII is PMC 44D, which is 1497 fps 240 gr TCSP’s. The .429 only has 100 fps on it......and I’m sure the stuff can’t be bought for $0.50/rnd in bulk....

EDIT: I saw the note about it in the article. It looks like it’s essentially an “ackley improved” .440, with a sharper shoulder.

They do have a firing pin block. It’s an option. It’s what makes the California compliant model compliant. ....and it sucks. It causes light primer strikes and I removed it immediately.

Compliant drop safety firing block on top. The action of the hammer striking the button below the firing pin makes the hair pin retreat, unlocking the pin. It’s a crap design, and they clearly phoned it in just to make the thing eligeable for sale in Cali. The hammer looses almost all of its energy before it even strikes the firing pin. It just doesn’t work.

I’ve also never had a reliability issue in the thousands of rounds I’ve put through 4 or 5 of the things, other than basic maintenance/ lubrication or limp writsting related failures to feed. (Of course....not including that stupid California model, which was fixed by going to a srandard free-country firing pin block)

As for the DA/SA trigger (and a more ergonomic safety).......I’m right there with you.
    Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 10-31-2018 at 02:14 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    So.........why not just start making them in .440 Corbon again? Why develop an entirely new cartridge that’s essentially the same thing?
    Oh come one, you know. So they can put their name on it and market it.

I just wish Kahr would make a K10 or T10.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Or move the safety to the frame where it belongs
    Only because some are too stupid to know how to use one mounted any other way.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    So.........why not just start making them in .440 Corbon again?...

EDIT: I saw the note about it in the article. It looks like it’s essentially an “ackley improved” .440, with a sharper shoulder.
    Yep, I was also wondering if this was just a rebranded .440 Corbon. They probably made it just different enough to avoid patent infringement.

I haven’t heard of any reliability issues with the .440, but you don’t see them all that often. I may have to get a barrel, just to round out the collection. Although I think I’d almost be more interested in a 10” barrel to get maximum velocity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddio View Post
    Only because some are too stupid to know how to use one mounted any other way.
    Ergonomics have nothing to do with intelligence or lack of...quit trying so hard LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast