Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
So.........why not just start making them in .440 Corbon again? Why develop an entirely new cartridge that’s essentially the same thing? This new one isn’t much of a gain over standard .44 mag anyway, at least not like .440 was. My usual Ammo for my .44 MKVII is PMC 44D, which is 1497 fps 240 gr TCSP’s. The .429 only has 100 fps on it......and I’m sure the stuff can’t be bought for $0.50/rnd in bulk....

EDIT: I saw the note about it in the article. It looks like it’s essentially an “ackley improved” .440, with a sharper shoulder.

They do have a firing pin block. It’s an option. It’s what makes the California compliant model compliant. ....and it sucks. It causes light primer strikes and I removed it immediately.

Compliant drop safety firing block on top. The action of the hammer striking the button below the firing pin makes the hair pin retreat, unlocking the pin. It’s a crap design, and they clearly phoned it in just to make the thing eligeable for sale in Cali. The hammer looses almost all of its energy before it even strikes the firing pin. It just doesn’t work.

I’ve also never had a reliability issue in the thousands of rounds I’ve put through 4 or 5 of the things, other than basic maintenance/ lubrication or limp writsting related failures to feed. (Of course....not including that stupid California model, which was fixed by going to a srandard free-country firing pin block)

As for the DA/SA trigger (and a more ergonomic safety).......I’m right there with you.
I get what you're saying about the firing pin block. It seems like when it's added to a gun that it's not designed for things go wrong with it, like the 1911. I didn't know they made one, though. I'm glad to see they made an effort, but sad they botched it.