Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Anyone carry a suppressor in their truck

Hello

Anyone carry a suppressor or suppressed weapon in their vehicle? If so how do you secure it? thanks.

MGO Board of Directors

"But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

i carry mine on a AR pistol, i don't think it will fit lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Kpkimmel83 View Post
    i carry mine on a AR pistol, i don't think it will fit lol..
    I think you'd have to get a metal gun case and run a cable for it, or get one of the ones you bolt to the body of you car for something AR sized.

I am a Forum User
    The question is with the cost of the gun, can and wait time, do you want to risk losing it. PFZ does not stop you from carrying the can when you leave your vehicle, as it is not a firearm. No reason to lock it up in a thin metal box that you can open with a screwdriver.

I had my Jeep broken into and the cable locked thick metal box did not even slow down the thief, he was in the vehicle about 1 minute from the security camera footage, and in that time tore open my locked console and locked glovebox (both steel tuffy upgrades) and the Hornady cable lock box. Luckily I had my firearm with me, but he did get some back up mags and a GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by elwarpo View Post
    The question is with the cost of the gun, can and wait time, do you want to risk losing it. PFZ does not stop you from carrying the can when you leave your vehicle, as it is not a firearm. No reason to lock it up in a thin metal box that you can open with a screwdriver.

I had my Jeep broken into and the cable locked thick metal box did not even slow down the thief, he was in the vehicle about 1 minute from the security camera footage, and in that time tore open my locked console and locked glovebox (both steel tuffy upgrades) and the Hornady cable lock box. Luckily I had my firearm with me, but he did get some back up mags and a GPS.
    I have a bag wiht an AR pistol mags and few other things but am worried about the suppressor in there.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Kpkimmel83 View Post
    I have a bag wiht an AR pistol mags and few other things but am worried about the suppressor in there.
    What would cause more concern over your suppressor being stolen vs. an AR pistol?
    Finances?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    What would cause more concern over your suppressor being stolen vs. an AR pistol?
    Finances?
    He can grab an AR pistol off the shelf to replace it today; no wait. An NFA item will take the hellacious wait time to acquire.

From a dangerous crime mitigation standpoint, I'd rather the can be stolen...but again, the can is harder to replace too.
    Last edited by Cocowheats; 11-03-2018 at 01:51 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I keep a MPX/silencer in a computer bag or a backpack. No one thinks twice when they see it. I take it when I leave the vehicle. If I am going somewhere I can not bring it, I just carry a pistol.