Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Jewish Americans Flock to Firearms Training in Wake of Synagogue Attack

Jewish Americans Flock to Firearms Training in Wake of Synagogue Attack

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    October 31st. 2018

Jewish Americans are flocking to firearms training in the wake of the October 27 attack on Tree of Life Synagogue that killed 11 people. For example, Haaretz reports that the Cherev Gidon Israeli Tactical Defense Academy near Scranton, Pennsylvania, is witnessing the highest demand for training it has ever seen.

Yonatan Stern, “a veteran officer of the Israel Defense Forces and director of the academy,” reminds his Scranton, Pennsylvania, classes: “The fact is, we’re at war. We want Jews everywhere to be armed.”

Stern indicates that “hundreds” of people interested in firearms training contacted him during the three days after the Pittsburgh attack. He observed that “all but three or four” of them were Jewish.

And while there are some members of the Jewish community pushing back against the idea of using guns to keep synagogues safe, Stern notes, “To wait for law enforcement to arrive simply is not the answer.”

Zev Guttman was afraid of guns until Saturday’s attack, but now he chooses to be armed. He said, “Everybody has to find a way to react; this is my way.”

Brooklyn borough president Eric L. Abrams reacted to the Pittsburgh attack by making clear he will be armed when he goes to a synagogue. He said, “It’s not popular, but it’s right.” He added, “We have to live in the real universe that we’re in.”

NY State Assemblyman Dov Hikind said, “I applaud and agree with Eric L. Adams and I am registering immediately for a gun license. And I encourage other Jews to do so to protect their institutions and synagogues. If we are targets, we need to be prepared.”

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

So... "never again" meant "only a few more times"?
    At least they're finally getting the picture.
    Same thing with Sikhs. I had an argument with a friend who was pretty anti gun. After the Wisconsin temple shooting in 2012, I showed him some articles about temples offering firearms training to their people. He wasn't real happy about it. I argued that his own religion says they are to always carry their kirpan knife to defend the innocent, so why shouldn't he use a a more effective weapon for the same job? He had some trouble with this way of thinking because they're supposed to be nonviolent, except when they NEED to be violent, and then they're to fight evil even if it means sacrificing themselves.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    I'm not clear who the Brooklyn Borough President is, Eric L. Abrams who I can find no reference to or Eric L. Adams who is listed as the President and has supported anti- gun measures in the past.

MGO Member Forum User
    Being able to defend yourself effectively is a largely irrelevant theoretical concern. Until it suddenly is a life or death, seconds count, very tangible and immediate real world concern.