Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    The future will be legislative gridlock, whitmer tanking the economy and the michigan exodus restarting. Id say theres a decent chance shes a 1 term governor.

Although im for legalization, Pot being on the ballot did us no favors politically.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by maersk View Post
    ...Pot being on the ballot did us no favors politically.
    I'm not so sure I agree with this (others have asserted the same thing). When the numbers come out, let's see how many pro-pot votes total were cast, then compare that to the rest of the ballot. I'm betting there was a lot of "flip the ballot over and go straight to Prop 1 and vote yes" votes cast, with no other votes on the ballots.

From all accounts, it was a wave of women that came out to vote…for the women on the ballots.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    I'm not so sure I agree with this (others have asserted the same thing). When the numbers come out, let's see how many pro-pot votes total were cast, then compare that to the rest of the ballot. I'm betting there was a lot of "flip the ballot over and go straight to Prop 1 and vote yes" votes cast, with no other votes on the ballots.

From all accounts, it was a wave of women that came out to vote…for the women on the ballots.
    I believe the pot vote numbers were very close to the governor's race. Beyond the statewide races, voter participation seemed to drop off significantly in my area.

I look at the states that have legalized MJ & can't help but notice that anti gun legislation is close behind. I can't imagine a bunch of stoners walking around with guns either. There are some here that are right now figuring out ways to keep their guns & smoke dope at the same time.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x25mm View Post
    Avowed gun control advocates have swept the executive positions of the State of Michigan. The passage of the Attorney General position to Dana Nessel will be the greatest concern for gun owners because the courts are going to become the theater of operations for gun control, at least for the next two years. Pro-gun decisions of Mike Cox and Bill Schuette will be reversed.

The State Supreme Court has become anti-gun by a margin of 4 - 3. This gets worse in 2020 when Chief Justice Stephen Markman is unable to run for reelection. Proposal 3's passage will advantage the Democratic nominated Supreme Court candidate, who is unlikely to be firearms friendly.

The State Senate remains solidly pro-gun for now, but the Passage of Proposal 2 will most likely flip the State Senate against us in 2023. Then things really go bad for Michigan gun owners.

The State House is now only marginally pro-gun and will flip against us in 2021 or 2023 as Proposals 2 & 3 take effect. There are now not enough solidly pro-gun House members to overturn Governor's vetos, so no pro-gun legislation will pass in the foreseeable future.

Gun control advocates will probably limit their legislative initiatives to ERPO's over the next two years, unless some other, additional restriction can be portrayed as unbeatable 'common sense'. The impending implementation of Proposals 2 & 3 will reduce enthusiasm for gun rights in the Legislature as Republican legislators will be forced to tack left and Democrats will feel more comfortable vilifying gun owners.

Gun control advocates will use Michigan's courts to impose new restrictions on gun owners over the next two years. They will probably get new, marginal restrictions but nothing major. The Federal Courts will become the only judicial venue where gun owners can get a fair hearing.

One bit of good news is that corporate money will no longer warp Republican primaries. It no longer makes sense to own Republican politicians as their control of government ebbs. RINO's will drift to the Democratic Party. Gun owners will have a clearer say in the Republican party, but it will do them little good.

Michigan's new executive trio has a demonstrated record of incompetence which will vex the Michigan economy. They won't be blamed for a declining economy by the media, but eventually a John Engler type will rise in opposition to rescue the economy. Hopefully, that insurgent will have a positive view of gun rights.

Overall, Michigan's government will return to the 1970's on gun rights. Article I, Section 6 of the Michigan Constitution will "be more honored in the breach than the observance".
    Now sad.

Joe

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    I look at the states that have legalized MJ & can't help but notice that anti gun legislation is close behind. I can't imagine a bunch of stoners walking around with guns either. There are some here that are right now figuring out ways to keep their guns & smoke dope at the same time.
    Legalized marijuana also triggers substantial interstate migration, at least regionally. Michigan's homeless population will immediately skyrocket and a lot of Midwestern dope smokers will soon wind up here unless other Midwestern states follow Michigan's lead.

Account Closed Forum User
    Avowed gun control advocates have swept the executive positions of the State of Michigan. The passage of the Attorney General position to Dana Nessel will be the greatest concern for gun owners because the courts are going to become the theater of operations for gun control, at least for the next two years. Pro-gun decisions of Mike Cox and Bill Schuette will be reversed.

The State Supreme Court has become anti-gun by a margin of 4 - 3. This gets worse in 2020 when Chief Justice Stephen Markman is unable to run for reelection. Proposal 3's passage will advantage the Democratic nominated Supreme Court candidate, who is unlikely to be firearms friendly.

The State Senate remains solidly pro-gun for now, but the Passage of Proposal 2 will most likely flip the State Senate against us in 2023. Then things really go bad for Michigan gun owners.

The State House is now only marginally pro-gun and will flip against us in 2021 or 2023 as Proposals 2 & 3 take effect. There are now not enough solidly pro-gun House members to overturn Governor's vetos, so no pro-gun legislation will pass in the foreseeable future.

Gun control advocates will probably limit their legislative initiatives to ERPO's over the next two years, unless some other, additional restriction can be portrayed as unbeatable 'common sense'. The impending implementation of Proposals 2 & 3 will reduce enthusiasm for gun rights in the Legislature as Republican legislators will be forced to tack left and Democrats will feel more comfortable vilifying gun owners.

Gun control advocates will use Michigan's courts to impose new restrictions on gun owners over the next two years. They will probably get new, marginal restrictions but nothing major. The Federal Courts will become the only judicial venue where gun owners can get a fair hearing.

One bit of good news is that corporate money will no longer warp Republican primaries. It no longer makes sense to own Republican politicians as their control of government ebbs. RINO's will drift to the Democratic Party. Gun owners will have a clearer say in the Republican party, but it will do them little good.

Michigan's new executive trio has a demonstrated record of incompetence which will vex the Michigan economy. They won't be blamed for a declining economy by the media, but eventually a John Engler type will rise in opposition to rescue the economy. Hopefully, that insurgent will have a positive view of gun rights.

Overall, Michigan's government will return to the 1970's on gun rights. Article I, Section 6 of the Michigan Constitution will "be more honored in the breach than the observance".
    You should run for office!

Legalized marijuana also triggers substantial interstate migration, at least regionally. Michigan's homeless population will immediately skyrocket and a lot of Midwestern dope smokers will soon wind up here unless other Midwestern states follow Michigan's lead.
    "SPARE CHANGE?"
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Youmacon next year will be fun then. Maybe I should invest in the PM pass instead of walking between the Ren Cen and Cobo...

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Old man winter has some bad news for those new homeless folks...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast