Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    OP, they're amazing, BUT I'd recommend waiting for the Evo 3 S2 Micro that was just released, although it's impossible to find right now. They took all of the most common mods people installed on their Evos, and released that as a factory option.

You can see it here, it even comes with a brace!

The Mod 1 Tailhook is made out of solid aluminum and is super compact, you can see that here: https://www.gearheadworks.com/index....mnh9urgatrhr64

The Mod 2 Tailhook is injection molded polymer and a lot bigger but is also 5 position adjustable, kinda like the SBA3: https://www.gearheadworks.com/index....mnh9urgatrhr64

I prefer the Mod 1 on smaller firearms like the Scorpion, the Mod 2 is good for AR & AK pistols, or other stuff where a bigger brace is better for recoil control and you're not as worried about making it as compact as possible.
    Wow, I want one now.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    Wow, I want one now.

Yep! It's perfect. CZ saw how many people were buying their guns and immediately swapping in the HB Industries Micro-K conversion, so they decided to partner with HB (or buy the patent) to release their own factory version. Threw on a brace for good measure.

I believe the cost to buy a standard scorpion, Micro-K Conversion, and brace kit is well over $1400+ you have to do the install yourself.

These S2 Micro versions retail for $1150ish I believe. Huge savings!

Just over 16” overall. Perfect for a back pack or brief case or a sneaky bag. I had spoken to blitzkrieg components about making a front sight post for the scorpion series. I am on the fence about slapping one of my spare Aimpoint micros on the K. Maybe a better FSP is all I would want. I don’t know if I want to increase the vertical height with an optic. Hopefully it comes soon so I can decide.

Greek is right though you can’t replicate it for what they are asking.
    I hope they come with the “no tax stamp needed” pvc morale patch they had at shot show

Yep! It's perfect. CZ saw how many people were buying their guns and immediately swapping in the HB Industries Micro-K conversion, so they decided to partner with HB (or buy the patent) to release their own factory version. Threw on a brace for good measure.

I believe the cost to buy a standard scorpion, Micro-K Conversion, and brace kit is well over $1400+ you have to do the install yourself.

These S2 Micro versions retail for $1150ish I believe. Huge savings!
    Just realized that looks like a collapsible brace, not a folding brace. I would prefer that it fold.

Should be quick swap plus you would likely make money selling the collapsible brace.

Just realized that looks like a collapsible brace, not a folding brace. I would prefer that it fold.
    Collapsible is ALWAYS better than side folding. But top folding (AK, VZ61) is better than collapsible.

Quote Originally Posted by no im not squinting View Post
    Just over 16” overall. Perfect for a back pack or brief case or a sneaky bag. I had spoken to blitzkrieg components about making a front sight post for the scorpion series. I am on the fence about slapping one of my spare Aimpoint micros on the K. Maybe a better FSP is all I would want. I don’t know if I want to increase the vertical height with an optic. Hopefully it comes soon so I can decide.

Greek is right though you can’t replicate it for what they are asking.
    I hope they come with the “no tax stamp needed” pvc morale patch they had at shot show
    I had a Vortex Venom with a CZ Custom Scorpion co-witness mounting plate on my old scorpion and it was absolutely perfect. Low profile, lined up well. The thing with the scorpion sights is, the way the gun is meant to sit and line up, you need REALLY low sights to use it comfortable. Any sight that makes you look more than an inch over the rail feels super weird and horrible while shooting.

I getcha but I just wanted a different post. Maybe a tritium or those photoluminescent ones. I like blitskriegs posts. A lot easier to pick up and more precise. I agree adding height would be dumb. Amazing how many people do that.
    Last edited by no im not squinting; 11-09-2018 at 11:10 AM.

Collapsible is ALWAYS better than side folding. But top folding (AK, VZ61) is better than collapsible.

Better in what way? The cool factor, LOL. I just figured that side folding would reduce the length more then collapsible.

Better in what way? The cool factor, LOL. I just figured that side folding would reduce the length more then collapsible.
    Length yes, width? No. If you're carrying it you want it to be as thin and low profile as possible. A pistol w/a folded brace on the side is THICK and hard to conceal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast