Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will any PD give me fingerprints?

Hola guys! I'm taking my first plunge into the NFA. I'm doing the EFile for the Form1 to SBR my vz. 61 and I know where to get passport photos (obviously!) but can I go to any local PD to get fingerprints? I need hard copies to mail into the ATF, and I do believe a lot of PD's use the scanning machines now so I'm not sure if those are able to print.

I know that Livonia PD hates absolutely anyone that doesn't live in Livonia, but they're like 2 miles from my work so that would be the absolute easiest. Any ideas?
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

I am a Forum User
    My home town will only do locals as well. Try the state police or the sheriff's dept.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

check under the NFA thread. Shyster posted something about a jurisdiction that will do them for anybody, nice and cheap.
    I keep meaning to get over there with my NFA family in tow...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Update: Northville Township PD said because I'm a resident I can come in any time, 24 hours a day, and they'll get fingerprints for me and make sure they're good enough to send to the ATF so I don't have any issues. Awesome!
    Canadian Import.

MGO Member
    Pretty easy to do your own. Free fingerprint cards from the ATF and a $5 ink pad from amazon.

Use the Kiosk. The $25 that Silencer Shop charges for filing the paperwork is worth every penny.
    Faster, error-proof, cheaper.

Most places will let you use the kiosk for free.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    this is untrue in my experience. I've called a few places. they want to recover the substantial money they put into buying the kiosk, and they don't get it by letting folks use it for free...
    now i've heard a couple people on here say "come use my kiosk, mgo, for free" but just calling around, nope.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Use the Kiosk. The $25 that Silencer Shop charges for filing the paperwork is worth every penny.
    Faster, error-proof, cheaper.

The Kiosk uses scans correct? And then print those scans on the FD-258? The ATF told me I could NOT, under any circumstances send in fingerprints that were not done with ink, by a police department.

That being said, my local PD does prints for free, 24 hours a day, and is 2 miles from my home. The nearest LGS that has a SiCo Kiosk is 40 minutes away and is usually closed by the time I could get down there.
    Canadian Import.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    this is untrue in my experience. I've called a few places. they want to recover the substantial money they put into buying the kiosk, and they don't get it by letting folks use it for free...
    now i've heard a couple people on here say "come use my kiosk, mgo, for free" but just calling around, nope.
    Thats odd.

Anyone that calls me, I tell them it's free. My friends that have the kiosk let anyone use it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    The Kiosk uses scans correct? And then print those scans on the FD-258? The ATF told me I could NOT, under any circumstances send in fingerprints that were not done with ink, by a police department.

That being said, my local PD does prints for free, 24 hours a day, and is 2 miles from my home. The nearest LGS that has a SiCo Kiosk is 40 minutes away and is usually closed by the time I could get down there.
    With the kiosk, you only have to do it once, and you can file 1000000 Form 1s on the same set of prints.
    Its the same prints that NFA approves millions of. The ATF told you wrong.
    I have a ream of approved forms that NONE were done with ink. All approved forms.
    Haven't done ink in 2 years.

Also, you can buy a silencer from your living room. No mailing, no traveling for prints, no buying passport photos.
    Just point, click, buy, and wait for the dealer to call and let you know its time to pick up your can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast